Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Bradford crews called to two chip pan fires
8:10am Thursday 7th June 2012 in Bradford
Fairweather Green firefighters were called to two chip pan fires in just over an hour yesterday.
Staff at Lynfield Mount Hospital managed to put the first fire out in the kitchens at Daisy Hill House at 1.30pm before firefighters arrived.
The industrial chip pan had burst into flames while staff were standing next to it, but no-one was injured.
In the second incident, a teenager had to be led down a ladder after a chip pan fire in his home at Ryedale Way, Allerton, just before 3pm.
Two crews from Fairweather Green and one from Shipley attended.
Watch Commander Michael Smith said the 15-year-old boy had left the pan unattended while he went upstairs, but did everything correctly when he noticed the smoke.
He closed all the doors, did not go back downstairs and dialled 999, waiting in a first floor bedroom until help arrived.
He was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.