Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Man rescued from smoke-logged Bradford house
10:36am Tuesday 1st January 2013 in Bradford
A man was rescued by firefighters after burnt food left his Bradford home smoke-logged.
The occupier, in his mid-40s, was trapped in an upstairs bedroom after smoke filled his home, on Lyndale Drive, Wrose, at around 10.45pm last night.
The man was given "life-saving" advice from control room staff as he waited for crews to reach him.
Watch commander Sally Evers, of Idle Fire Station, said the man was checked over by paramedics at the scene but was "fine".
His home was not badly damaged.
"He was very lucky," she added.
“He had working smoke detectors which alerted him to the fire."