Two evacuated after Yeadon gas scare

First published in Local

Two people had to be evacuated from a house after a fire ruptured a gas pipe today.

A car parked on the driveway, in Hawthorn Drive, Yeadon, caught fire at around 1.10am.

A spokesman for the Rawdon fire crew, who put out the fire, said: "There was a lot of gas leaking from the pipes, filtering its way into the house."

A fire victim support vehicle from Idle also attended.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree