Motorist's anger at Esure decision not to give quotes for Eccleshill, Undercliffe, Fagley, Barkerend and Bradford Moor

Richard Summerscales

Richard Summerscales Buy this photo

First published in Local by

A car insurance company has refused to give quotes to new customers living in parts of Bradford.

Esure said it was paying out up to double what it was receiving in insurance premiums in injury claims in the BD2 area, so it has decided to stop offering quotes there, except to existing customers.

The BD2 area, which includes Eccleshill, Undercliffe, Fagley and Bolton, has almost twice the national average of uninsured drivers.

Esure is also no longer quoting for new business in BD3, a postcode area including Barkerend, Bradford Moor, and Thornbury, which sees almost seven times the national average of uninsured driving.

Richard Summerscales, who used to work as a police traffic officer and has passed an advanced driving examination, was told by Esure that it did not give quotes to motorists in his postcode area.

Mr Summerscales, 45, of Victoria Road, Eccleshill, BD2, was insured with the company for five years until 2010 when his premium rocketed and he decided to go elsewhere.

When trying to find a policy this year he decided to try Esure but was told it would not give him a quote.

He said: “You don’t get better drivers. I’m a 40-odd-year-old man with no convictions or problems whatsoever, in a boring old estate car.

Related links

“He refused to give me any quote whatsoever. I was incensed. They were happy to take my money for five years, now suddenly they are blocking everybody.”

A spokesman for Esure said: “In BD2 the problem is not with the quality of drivers but the behaviour of those they have accidents with.

“Most accidents occur less than five miles from home and in many BD2 postcodes we found that for each £1 in premiums received we were paying out up to twice that in injury claims to third parties.

“Other insurers’ experience may be different and drivers are likely to find quotes elsewhere but we are no longer offering quotations in BD2 – although we still have many thousands of people insured with us in the wider Bradford area.

“Problems with uninsured drivers and opportunist claimants are well known and documented in some Bradford postcodes and, unfortunately, it is honest motorists who pay.”

He said the company was also not quoting for new business in BD3.

  • Read the full story Monday’s T&A

Comments (74)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:08am Mon 20 Jun 11

bigo93 says...

All cars have a registration plate with a unique licence plate number which are all held in a database. How hard is it to produce a new law and policy in which the owner of the vehicle must send a copy of their insurance policy to a new department which can be set up to keep track of which cars have not yet sent in their policy.

Any vehicle which has not been ticked off as being insured for that year can then be easily found in the database and a warning letter sent to the owner. If the vehicle still has not been insured then they can be fined and the car crushed.

This would probably decrease the number of uninsured drivers and hence insurance policies, but probably would increase cloned plates. So yet again the only solution I see to tackle such problems is installing gps devices on all cars, but the general populace dont like that idea...
All cars have a registration plate with a unique licence plate number which are all held in a database. How hard is it to produce a new law and policy in which the owner of the vehicle must send a copy of their insurance policy to a new department which can be set up to keep track of which cars have not yet sent in their policy. Any vehicle which has not been ticked off as being insured for that year can then be easily found in the database and a warning letter sent to the owner. If the vehicle still has not been insured then they can be fined and the car crushed. This would probably decrease the number of uninsured drivers and hence insurance policies, but probably would increase cloned plates. So yet again the only solution I see to tackle such problems is installing gps devices on all cars, but the general populace dont like that idea... bigo93
  • Score: 0

11:09am Mon 20 Jun 11

Mike Strutter says...

Can see why they won't insure.

Mr Summerscales may be the best driver in the world ( or so he may think ) but that doesn't stop somebody hitting him and then claiming for a load of bogus passengers .

I would have thought an ex traffic officer could work that one out.

Sad situation but until the law has a zero tolerance attitude to all non insured vehicles ie crush them all - no excuses , then we will have to live with it.
Can see why they won't insure. Mr Summerscales may be the best driver in the world ( or so he may think ) but that doesn't stop somebody hitting him and then claiming for a load of bogus passengers . I would have thought an ex traffic officer could work that one out. Sad situation but until the law has a zero tolerance attitude to all non insured vehicles ie crush them all - no excuses , then we will have to live with it. Mike Strutter
  • Score: 0

11:21am Mon 20 Jun 11

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Weak policing has let this get out of control so that the roads are full of uninsured, taxed, non moted cars. The drivers don't have licences or have been banned and because of that the law abiding suffer.
.
It's time for zero tollerance, not a slap on the wrist, only then will this problem ever be sorted.
Weak policing has let this get out of control so that the roads are full of uninsured, taxed, non moted cars. The drivers don't have licences or have been banned and because of that the law abiding suffer. . It's time for zero tollerance, not a slap on the wrist, only then will this problem ever be sorted. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

11:23am Mon 20 Jun 11

Avro says...

This is serious stuff, and where is this heading; certain area's that NO insurance company will touch??
This is serious stuff, and where is this heading; certain area's that NO insurance company will touch?? Avro
  • Score: 0

11:30am Mon 20 Jun 11

Albion. says...

I heard on today's news that insured motorists are paying an extra £30pa because of scams and non-payers.
The company doesn't have to sell to anyone if it chooses not to.
I heard on today's news that insured motorists are paying an extra £30pa because of scams and non-payers. The company doesn't have to sell to anyone if it chooses not to. Albion.
  • Score: 0

11:30am Mon 20 Jun 11

Apollo says...

Avro wrote:
This is serious stuff, and where is this heading; certain area's that NO insurance company will touch??
It is a direct consequence of the fact that the residents of certain areas would not touch motor insurance for years - and the pathetic Police of Bradford let them get away with it.

The worm has simply turned.
[quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: This is serious stuff, and where is this heading; certain area's that NO insurance company will touch??[/p][/quote]It is a direct consequence of the fact that the residents of certain areas would not touch motor insurance for years - and the pathetic Police of Bradford let them get away with it. The worm has simply turned. Apollo
  • Score: 0

11:57am Mon 20 Jun 11

DisplacedNortherner says...

bigo93 wrote:
All cars have a registration plate with a unique licence plate number which are all held in a database. How hard is it to produce a new law and policy in which the owner of the vehicle must send a copy of their insurance policy to a new department which can be set up to keep track of which cars have not yet sent in their policy. Any vehicle which has not been ticked off as being insured for that year can then be easily found in the database and a warning letter sent to the owner. If the vehicle still has not been insured then they can be fined and the car crushed. This would probably decrease the number of uninsured drivers and hence insurance policies, but probably would increase cloned plates. So yet again the only solution I see to tackle such problems is installing gps devices on all cars, but the general populace dont like that idea...
Wakey wakey. Thats exactly what they are doing!! If you're car is unisured and not SORNED then you are fined starting from now!! New law and advertised quite extensively. Obviously not enough
[quote][p][bold]bigo93[/bold] wrote: All cars have a registration plate with a unique licence plate number which are all held in a database. How hard is it to produce a new law and policy in which the owner of the vehicle must send a copy of their insurance policy to a new department which can be set up to keep track of which cars have not yet sent in their policy. Any vehicle which has not been ticked off as being insured for that year can then be easily found in the database and a warning letter sent to the owner. If the vehicle still has not been insured then they can be fined and the car crushed. This would probably decrease the number of uninsured drivers and hence insurance policies, but probably would increase cloned plates. So yet again the only solution I see to tackle such problems is installing gps devices on all cars, but the general populace dont like that idea...[/p][/quote]Wakey wakey. Thats exactly what they are doing!! If you're car is unisured and not SORNED then you are fined starting from now!! New law and advertised quite extensively. Obviously not enough DisplacedNortherner
  • Score: 0

12:03pm Mon 20 Jun 11

yorkshirenews says...

The possibility of "causing offence" must never be put before the law of our land.
if this area is a hotspot for insured drivers it should be tasked a permanent task force to check insurance.
First thing must be not to rely on number plate cameras, they can only tell you if a vehicle has insurance held on it, not who is driving it.
The crooks are well ahead of the police here placing cars on traders policies and the letting anyone drive knowing it will pass the camera test.
I call for a full time task force to be set up and check who exactly is driving many of these cars.
The possibility of "causing offence" must never be put before the law of our land. if this area is a hotspot for insured drivers it should be tasked a permanent task force to check insurance. First thing must be not to rely on number plate cameras, they can only tell you if a vehicle has insurance held on it, not who is driving it. The crooks are well ahead of the police here placing cars on traders policies and the letting anyone drive knowing it will pass the camera test. I call for a full time task force to be set up and check who exactly is driving many of these cars. yorkshirenews
  • Score: 0

12:06pm Mon 20 Jun 11

the Laird says...

If mr.Summerscales wants to be incensed at someone, a far better target would be his ex bosses, who have pussyfooted around to avoid upsetting "the community" for sthe o long that they know that theres a good chance they will get away with no insurance,licence,ta
x,mot etc, or if they are caught, the fines will be less than the cost of doing things legally.

Also the proliforation of "accident management centres" and "no win no fee" solicitors, which have popped up all over the place, taking over from car washes and barbers as the new way of making a fast buck.
If mr.Summerscales wants to be incensed at someone, a far better target would be his ex bosses, who have pussyfooted around to avoid upsetting "the community" for sthe o long that they know that theres a good chance they will get away with no insurance,licence,ta x,mot etc, or if they are caught, the fines will be less than the cost of doing things legally. Also the proliforation of "accident management centres" and "no win no fee" solicitors, which have popped up all over the place, taking over from car washes and barbers as the new way of making a fast buck. the Laird
  • Score: 0

12:19pm Mon 20 Jun 11

webess says...

People are missing the point. It's not uninsured motorists, it's bogus personal injury claims - the article makes that clear. This issue is nothing to do with the police,

I think we all know people who've got a shed load from a whiplash injury. The insurers should stop paying out such claims without hard medical evidence. PS Stock car drivers never seem to get whiplash injuries!
People are missing the point. It's not uninsured motorists, it's bogus personal injury claims - the article makes that clear. This issue is nothing to do with the police, I think we all know people who've got a shed load from a whiplash injury. The insurers should stop paying out such claims without hard medical evidence. PS Stock car drivers never seem to get whiplash injuries! webess
  • Score: 0

12:33pm Mon 20 Jun 11

helentinkletoes says...

Having work for a reputable solicitor dealing with personal injury claims the problem lies at the foot of these claims management companies who chase ambulances and advertise on telly none stop. They accept clients and tell them they have a chance and rather than fight through the courts the insurance companies pay out because ultimately they will save money.

The other bigger issue is the penalty for driving without insurance. We've all see the police programs on the telly where someone's been caught without insurance and all they've got is an £85 fine. If your insurance premium is going to be over a grand a year and the punishment is only £85 why bother with insurance
Having work for a reputable solicitor dealing with personal injury claims the problem lies at the foot of these claims management companies who chase ambulances and advertise on telly none stop. They accept clients and tell them they have a chance and rather than fight through the courts the insurance companies pay out because ultimately they will save money. The other bigger issue is the penalty for driving without insurance. We've all see the police programs on the telly where someone's been caught without insurance and all they've got is an £85 fine. If your insurance premium is going to be over a grand a year and the punishment is only £85 why bother with insurance helentinkletoes
  • Score: 0

12:36pm Mon 20 Jun 11

TheApprentice says...

webess wrote:
People are missing the point. It's not uninsured motorists, it's bogus personal injury claims - the article makes that clear. This issue is nothing to do with the police, I think we all know people who've got a shed load from a whiplash injury. The insurers should stop paying out such claims without hard medical evidence. PS Stock car drivers never seem to get whiplash injuries!
I think it's a bit of both but you are definitely correct that over-exagerated personal injury/hire car claims have much more of an effect than uninsured drivers.
.
The problem in that case is that there is no such thing as 'hard medical evidence' when it comes to whiplash, there are no external signs and as long as the patient says "ouch" in all the right places then it is to be assumed they have suffered an injury. The cost of defending these claims through the courts would be more than the cost of paying out the claim in the vast majority of instances. There is just no such thing as a cheap claim anymore when injuries are involved and therefore cheap car insurance is also becoming a thing od the past in some areas.
[quote][p][bold]webess[/bold] wrote: People are missing the point. It's not uninsured motorists, it's bogus personal injury claims - the article makes that clear. This issue is nothing to do with the police, I think we all know people who've got a shed load from a whiplash injury. The insurers should stop paying out such claims without hard medical evidence. PS Stock car drivers never seem to get whiplash injuries![/p][/quote]I think it's a bit of both but you are definitely correct that over-exagerated personal injury/hire car claims have much more of an effect than uninsured drivers. . The problem in that case is that there is no such thing as 'hard medical evidence' when it comes to whiplash, there are no external signs and as long as the patient says "ouch" in all the right places then it is to be assumed they have suffered an injury. The cost of defending these claims through the courts would be more than the cost of paying out the claim in the vast majority of instances. There is just no such thing as a cheap claim anymore when injuries are involved and therefore cheap car insurance is also becoming a thing od the past in some areas. TheApprentice
  • Score: 0

12:38pm Mon 20 Jun 11

SouthEastAsianBradfordian says...

I have had the same problem, got quoted £3000 for my boring little car. Thats a 400% increase from what i paid last year.
So now they are penalising the honest drivers who do pay for their insurance and don't make PI claims.
This system sucks. I bet your bottom dollor that we will get more uninsured drivers on the roads now that people can not afford it.
I have had the same problem, got quoted £3000 for my boring little car. Thats a 400% increase from what i paid last year. So now they are penalising the honest drivers who do pay for their insurance and don't make PI claims. This system sucks. I bet your bottom dollor that we will get more uninsured drivers on the roads now that people can not afford it. SouthEastAsianBradfordian
  • Score: 0

1:18pm Mon 20 Jun 11

rinkydink says...

bigo93 wrote:
All cars have a registration plate with a unique licence plate number which are all held in a database. How hard is it to produce a new law and policy in which the owner of the vehicle must send a copy of their insurance policy to a new department which can be set up to keep track of which cars have not yet sent in their policy. Any vehicle which has not been ticked off as being insured for that year can then be easily found in the database and a warning letter sent to the owner. If the vehicle still has not been insured then they can be fined and the car crushed. This would probably decrease the number of uninsured drivers and hence insurance policies, but probably would increase cloned plates. So yet again the only solution I see to tackle such problems is installing gps devices on all cars, but the general populace dont like that idea...
The DVLA have set up a new system where all vehicles logged on the DVLA database are checked against the Motor Insurance Database to establish those vehicles have insurance. If they dont then the DVLA will be writing to them asking for an explanation or actually visiting the owners. Its a new system that is designed to prevent uninsured driving
[quote][p][bold]bigo93[/bold] wrote: All cars have a registration plate with a unique licence plate number which are all held in a database. How hard is it to produce a new law and policy in which the owner of the vehicle must send a copy of their insurance policy to a new department which can be set up to keep track of which cars have not yet sent in their policy. Any vehicle which has not been ticked off as being insured for that year can then be easily found in the database and a warning letter sent to the owner. If the vehicle still has not been insured then they can be fined and the car crushed. This would probably decrease the number of uninsured drivers and hence insurance policies, but probably would increase cloned plates. So yet again the only solution I see to tackle such problems is installing gps devices on all cars, but the general populace dont like that idea...[/p][/quote]The DVLA have set up a new system where all vehicles logged on the DVLA database are checked against the Motor Insurance Database to establish those vehicles have insurance. If they dont then the DVLA will be writing to them asking for an explanation or actually visiting the owners. Its a new system that is designed to prevent uninsured driving rinkydink
  • Score: 0

1:27pm Mon 20 Jun 11

RICHARD I says...

if you can't afford the insurance, don't buy the car. It's quite simple really!
if you can't afford the insurance, don't buy the car. It's quite simple really! RICHARD I
  • Score: 0

1:33pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Duke of Odsal says...

It may be uncomfortable for some to hear but insurance companies are required by their shareholders to make a profit. This man is effectively asking them to back a lame horse. He wouldnt do it so why should he expect anyone else to? Sadly the notion of morality and honour is slowly being leached away, meaning that more and more people are happy to take the chance of earning a fast buck and lie, deceive or commit blatant fraud to do so. His anger should be directed at those who think that is OK.
It may be uncomfortable for some to hear but insurance companies are required by their shareholders to make a profit. This man is effectively asking them to back a lame horse. He wouldnt do it so why should he expect anyone else to? Sadly the notion of morality and honour is slowly being leached away, meaning that more and more people are happy to take the chance of earning a fast buck and lie, deceive or commit blatant fraud to do so. His anger should be directed at those who think that is OK. Duke of Odsal
  • Score: 0

1:35pm Mon 20 Jun 11

legallyblonde says...

If you offer people a sweetshop they will fill their boots.
My son was hit by a car that did a u-turn in the road - the driver was Khan, the solicitor was Khan and would you believe the garage handling the accident and replacement car was Khan, now call me silly but it smacks of a staged crash where the whole family are quids in, my son was deemed at fault even though the other car indicated to turn left at a junction before deciding to swing out in front of my son to do a u-turn, when the police came they said to the other driver they hoped the missing tax disc had fallen off the window - no check made and even though my son had 3 witnesses in his car the other car driver was alone, when it got to court he produced a witness who saw everything from his window, even though the house has a 10' hedge in front of the house. My husband had to see a specialist recently after an accident at work, and forgot his photo identity, the specialist advised him it was necessary as certain communities are well known to send relatives with medical conditions in place of accident victims so they present with conditions to support the non existant injuries for claims.
If you offer people a sweetshop they will fill their boots. My son was hit by a car that did a u-turn in the road - the driver was Khan, the solicitor was Khan and would you believe the garage handling the accident and replacement car was Khan, now call me silly but it smacks of a staged crash where the whole family are quids in, my son was deemed at fault even though the other car indicated to turn left at a junction before deciding to swing out in front of my son to do a u-turn, when the police came they said to the other driver they hoped the missing tax disc had fallen off the window - no check made and even though my son had 3 witnesses in his car the other car driver was alone, when it got to court he produced a witness who saw everything from his window, even though the house has a 10' hedge in front of the house. My husband had to see a specialist recently after an accident at work, and forgot his photo identity, the specialist advised him it was necessary as certain communities are well known to send relatives with medical conditions in place of accident victims so they present with conditions to support the non existant injuries for claims. legallyblonde
  • Score: 0

1:41pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Far Away says...

I understand the new computer system and why it was designed and what it is trying to do. I wonder at the cost of it and the ongoing cost of policing it. An alternative could be adding pence to the price of a litre of petrol to provide a basic insurance cover, either run by a government department or contracted in insurance companies. You give your licence number each time you fill up. If you want to arrange insurance cover at a higher level through another company you can do so and be issued with a card. When you fill up you give the card over for swiping and you do not pay the basic insurance extra. This way at least every car buying petrol is basically insured. The reciept has to be retained each time petrol is bought.
I also favour adding extra pence to a litre of fuel to cover Road Tax. That way every car buying fuel will be Road Taxed, those doing higher milages paying more, as it should be. Again receipts kept to prove payments for fuel.
I understand the new computer system and why it was designed and what it is trying to do. I wonder at the cost of it and the ongoing cost of policing it. An alternative could be adding pence to the price of a litre of petrol to provide a basic insurance cover, either run by a government department or contracted in insurance companies. You give your licence number each time you fill up. If you want to arrange insurance cover at a higher level through another company you can do so and be issued with a card. When you fill up you give the card over for swiping and you do not pay the basic insurance extra. This way at least every car buying petrol is basically insured. The reciept has to be retained each time petrol is bought. I also favour adding extra pence to a litre of fuel to cover Road Tax. That way every car buying fuel will be Road Taxed, those doing higher milages paying more, as it should be. Again receipts kept to prove payments for fuel. Far Away
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Mon 20 Jun 11

mikado__85 says...

"want to be able to afford the new insurance premiums? its simple. just make a claim every other year"
.
this is what is being echoed around certain claims management companies - trying to hide behind "Care Hire" company names. Its funny how theres never any Hire Cars around.
.
Just lots of dodgy unemployed-looklng people. With their audi's of course.
"want to be able to afford the new insurance premiums? its simple. just make a claim every other year" . this is what is being echoed around certain claims management companies - trying to hide behind "Care Hire" company names. Its funny how theres never any Hire Cars around. . Just lots of dodgy unemployed-looklng people. With their audi's of course. mikado__85
  • Score: 0

1:57pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Saltaire Bantam says...

Write to your MP to complain. They have to a least reply to you. If enough people complain they have to do something about it.
You can find their contact details on writetothem.com
Write to your MP to complain. They have to a least reply to you. If enough people complain they have to do something about it. You can find their contact details on writetothem.com Saltaire Bantam
  • Score: 0

2:32pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Nabwood says...

On the insurance side, stronger policing is needed. Continuous roadside checks to fine anyone without valid insurance/tax/MOT and crush/auction their vehicle if they cannot produce within 14 days.

Certain areas have not been targeted because of fear of being branded rascist, but WY police need to tough up and say that checks are in proportion to measured crime levels.
On the insurance side, stronger policing is needed. Continuous roadside checks to fine anyone without valid insurance/tax/MOT and crush/auction their vehicle if they cannot produce within 14 days. Certain areas have not been targeted because of fear of being branded rascist, but WY police need to tough up and say that checks are in proportion to measured crime levels. Nabwood
  • Score: 0

2:36pm Mon 20 Jun 11

SouthEastAsianBradfordian says...

RICHARD I wrote:
if you can't afford the insurance, don't buy the car. It's quite simple really!
not really that simple, many people need transportation and because the public transport system is so expensive and crap then its no wonder we get more and more cars on the road, then complain about congestion!
[quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: if you can't afford the insurance, don't buy the car. It's quite simple really![/p][/quote]not really that simple, many people need transportation and because the public transport system is so expensive and crap then its no wonder we get more and more cars on the road, then complain about congestion! SouthEastAsianBradfordian
  • Score: 0

3:23pm Mon 20 Jun 11

RICHARD I says...

it is that simple though! if you wish to drive on the roads then do it legally, otherwise don't drive!

Are you saying some people should be exempt because they feel their need to own a vehicle is higher than others?

I will say it again, when buying a vehicle make sure you can afford the insurance, if you can't, find an alternative form of transport!
it is that simple though! if you wish to drive on the roads then do it legally, otherwise don't drive! Are you saying some people should be exempt because they feel their need to own a vehicle is higher than others? I will say it again, when buying a vehicle make sure you can afford the insurance, if you can't, find an alternative form of transport! RICHARD I
  • Score: 0

3:26pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Albion. says...

RICHARD I wrote:
it is that simple though! if you wish to drive on the roads then do it legally, otherwise don't drive!

Are you saying some people should be exempt because they feel their need to own a vehicle is higher than others?

I will say it again, when buying a vehicle make sure you can afford the insurance, if you can't, find an alternative form of transport!
Hoop & stick?
No, actually you are quite right, the problem is that the deterrents don't work.
[quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: it is that simple though! if you wish to drive on the roads then do it legally, otherwise don't drive! Are you saying some people should be exempt because they feel their need to own a vehicle is higher than others? I will say it again, when buying a vehicle make sure you can afford the insurance, if you can't, find an alternative form of transport![/p][/quote]Hoop & stick? No, actually you are quite right, the problem is that the deterrents don't work. Albion.
  • Score: 0

4:02pm Mon 20 Jun 11

bradmat says...

Does anyone know a cheap insurance company who will insure in bradford? Its coming up to my renewel time and i am being refused or being quoted thousands to insure a 1.1L group 3 insurance car in the bd4 area :(
Does anyone know a cheap insurance company who will insure in bradford? Its coming up to my renewel time and i am being refused or being quoted thousands to insure a 1.1L group 3 insurance car in the bd4 area :( bradmat
  • Score: 0

4:21pm Mon 20 Jun 11

SouthEastAsianBradfordian says...

RICHARD I wrote:
it is that simple though! if you wish to drive on the roads then do it legally, otherwise don't drive!

Are you saying some people should be exempt because they feel their need to own a vehicle is higher than others?

I will say it again, when buying a vehicle make sure you can afford the insurance, if you can't, find an alternative form of transport!
you say be sure you can afford insurance before you buy a car.

I bought my car a few years ago and I have always been able to afford insurance up until now, due to the 400% increase.

So its not a matter of check to see if you can afford insurance before you buy a car.

And the alternative form of transport is so expensive, its never going to attract the masses.

I am not saying some people should be exempt at all, what i am saying is these premiums are ridiculous and will just increase to the already worsening problem.
[quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: it is that simple though! if you wish to drive on the roads then do it legally, otherwise don't drive! Are you saying some people should be exempt because they feel their need to own a vehicle is higher than others? I will say it again, when buying a vehicle make sure you can afford the insurance, if you can't, find an alternative form of transport![/p][/quote]you say be sure you can afford insurance before you buy a car. I bought my car a few years ago and I have always been able to afford insurance up until now, due to the 400% increase. So its not a matter of check to see if you can afford insurance before you buy a car. And the alternative form of transport is so expensive, its never going to attract the masses. I am not saying some people should be exempt at all, what i am saying is these premiums are ridiculous and will just increase to the already worsening problem. SouthEastAsianBradfordian
  • Score: 0

4:34pm Mon 20 Jun 11

webess says...

Seems a bit futile plastering the district in speed cameras when people are going round causing accidents while getting paid for it.

On subject of car insurance. Simply post a half million pound bond with Lloyds of London and you don't need a policy.
Seems a bit futile plastering the district in speed cameras when people are going round causing accidents while getting paid for it. On subject of car insurance. Simply post a half million pound bond with Lloyds of London and you don't need a policy. webess
  • Score: 0

4:39pm Mon 20 Jun 11

John_Phillips IV says...

If you want (cheap) insurance, may I suggest people move out of BNP/EDL chav-infested cesspools like Fagley, Eccelshill etc.. ?
.
Thank you.
If you want (cheap) insurance, may I suggest people move out of BNP/EDL chav-infested cesspools like Fagley, Eccelshill etc.. ? . Thank you. John_Phillips IV
  • Score: 0

4:45pm Mon 20 Jun 11

SouthEastAsianBradfordian says...

Insurance Grouping by postcode,
'A' being least risk,
'F' being highest risk,
Refer meaning up to insurance company to see if they want to insure.
BD:
1, 3, 4, 7 (Refer)
2, 9, 10 (F )
5, 11, 15, 19, 21 (D)
6, 8, 12-14, 16-18, 20, 22 (E)
23-24 (A)
Insurance Grouping by postcode, 'A' being least risk, 'F' being highest risk, Refer meaning up to insurance company to see if they want to insure. BD: 1, 3, 4, 7 (Refer) 2, 9, 10 (F ) 5, 11, 15, 19, 21 (D) 6, 8, 12-14, 16-18, 20, 22 (E) 23-24 (A) SouthEastAsianBradfordian
  • Score: 0

5:13pm Mon 20 Jun 11

bradmat says...

Up untill last year £235, renewel time touching £2000 so changed company and quote for july 2011 insurance companies don't want to know. I am 33 and with plenty of NCB
Up untill last year £235, renewel time touching £2000 so changed company and quote for july 2011 insurance companies don't want to know. I am 33 and with plenty of NCB bradmat
  • Score: 0

5:18pm Mon 20 Jun 11

RICHARD I says...

Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then? RICHARD I
  • Score: 0

5:31pm Mon 20 Jun 11

John_Phillips IV says...

RICHARD I wrote:
Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
Richard, Richard, Richard; there are reasons why the areas I mentioned are a no-no for (car) insurance; *racism* is one of them.
.
And yes, there are extremely well-respectable individuals in the BD3/BD7/BD8, and BD9 areas :)
[quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?[/p][/quote]Richard, Richard, Richard; there are reasons why the areas I mentioned are a no-no for (car) insurance; *racism* is one of them. . And yes, there are extremely well-respectable individuals in the BD3/BD7/BD8, and BD9 areas :) John_Phillips IV
  • Score: 0

5:35pm Mon 20 Jun 11

John_Phillips IV says...

bradmat wrote:
Does anyone know a cheap insurance company who will insure in bradford? Its coming up to my renewel time and i am being refused or being quoted thousands to insure a 1.1L group 3 insurance car in the bd4 area :(
Try eCar insurance.
[quote][p][bold]bradmat[/bold] wrote: Does anyone know a cheap insurance company who will insure in bradford? Its coming up to my renewel time and i am being refused or being quoted thousands to insure a 1.1L group 3 insurance car in the bd4 area :([/p][/quote]Try eCar insurance. John_Phillips IV
  • Score: 0

5:38pm Mon 20 Jun 11

spinnekop says...

These lawbreaking scum have been left to run riot, no pun intended, and this is the result. The law continues to be flaunted and until that is stamped out there is no hope of costs comming down. Finger squarely pointed at the police and courts. They have failed in their duty.
These lawbreaking scum have been left to run riot, no pun intended, and this is the result. The law continues to be flaunted and until that is stamped out there is no hope of costs comming down. Finger squarely pointed at the police and courts. They have failed in their duty. spinnekop
  • Score: 0

5:45pm Mon 20 Jun 11

tyker2 says...

maybe, like many others MOVE!! lol. Here in a very wet Hampshire my renewal has just come through and it shows a £50 reduction to just £239.92 per annum including a legal protection fee.

maybe there are less bogus claims in this neck of the wood.
maybe, like many others MOVE!! lol. Here in a very wet Hampshire my renewal has just come through and it shows a £50 reduction to just £239.92 per annum including a legal protection fee. maybe there are less bogus claims in this neck of the wood. tyker2
  • Score: 0

5:45pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Yorkshire Lass says...

SouthEastAsianBradfo
rdian
wrote:
RICHARD I wrote:
if you can't afford the insurance, don't buy the car. It's quite simple really!
not really that simple, many people need transportation and because the public transport system is so expensive and crap then its no wonder we get more and more cars on the road, then complain about congestion!
Don't agree about public transport, what an excuse. I use it all of the time and with the day, week, month or yearly in advance payments, they are quite reasonable with a big saving. I think the bus service is now far more on time then it was several years ago. Try it sometime, far cheaper than a car, road tax, insurance and last but not least, the extortionate price of fuel. No comparison at the moment really.
[quote][p][bold]SouthEastAsianBradfo rdian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: if you can't afford the insurance, don't buy the car. It's quite simple really![/p][/quote]not really that simple, many people need transportation and because the public transport system is so expensive and crap then its no wonder we get more and more cars on the road, then complain about congestion![/p][/quote]Don't agree about public transport, what an excuse. I use it all of the time and with the day, week, month or yearly in advance payments, they are quite reasonable with a big saving. I think the bus service is now far more on time then it was several years ago. Try it sometime, far cheaper than a car, road tax, insurance and last but not least, the extortionate price of fuel. No comparison at the moment really. Yorkshire Lass
  • Score: 0

5:52pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Yorkshire Lass says...

John_Phillips IV wrote:
If you want (cheap) insurance, may I suggest people move out of BNP/EDL chav-infested cesspools like Fagley, Eccelshill etc.. ?
.
Thank you.
What a bigot you are. We are all aware what goes off in certain areas of Bradford but what can anyone do when the council and police tend to ignore this plight. Maybe if the council got its head around integration instead of segregation, everyone would be a lot happier.
[quote][p][bold]John_Phillips IV[/bold] wrote: If you want (cheap) insurance, may I suggest people move out of BNP/EDL chav-infested cesspools like Fagley, Eccelshill etc.. ? . Thank you.[/p][/quote]What a bigot you are. We are all aware what goes off in certain areas of Bradford but what can anyone do when the council and police tend to ignore this plight. Maybe if the council got its head around integration instead of segregation, everyone would be a lot happier. Yorkshire Lass
  • Score: 0

5:58pm Mon 20 Jun 11

John_Ρhillips IV says...

tyker2 wrote:
maybe, like many others MOVE!! lol. Here in a very wet Hampshire my renewal has just come through and it shows a £50 reduction to just £239.92 per annum including a legal protection fee.

maybe there are less bogus claims in this neck of the wood.
Good of you to tell us tyker2.
I shall move all my family & friends down there soon, we will take over Hampshire like we have taken over Bradford. It won't take long before we turn it into a cess pit.
.
Thank you.
[quote][p][bold]tyker2[/bold] wrote: maybe, like many others MOVE!! lol. Here in a very wet Hampshire my renewal has just come through and it shows a £50 reduction to just £239.92 per annum including a legal protection fee. maybe there are less bogus claims in this neck of the wood.[/p][/quote]Good of you to tell us tyker2. I shall move all my family & friends down there soon, we will take over Hampshire like we have taken over Bradford. It won't take long before we turn it into a cess pit. . Thank you. John_Ρhillips IV
  • Score: 0

6:34pm Mon 20 Jun 11

bradmat says...

There is clearly something wrong if insurance in bradford is over ten times the amount to pay compared to other areas of the country, and that is if you can get insured! what happens if insurance companies boycott bradford alltogether.
There is clearly something wrong if insurance in bradford is over ten times the amount to pay compared to other areas of the country, and that is if you can get insured! what happens if insurance companies boycott bradford alltogether. bradmat
  • Score: 0

6:52pm Mon 20 Jun 11

yorkshirenews says...

As I said, the cameras are useless, they crooks have found a way round them long ago. What is needed is random stops and check out drivers, not cars.
As I said, the cameras are useless, they crooks have found a way round them long ago. What is needed is random stops and check out drivers, not cars. yorkshirenews
  • Score: 0

7:10pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Colin Allcars says...

John_Ρhillips IV wrote:
tyker2 wrote: maybe, like many others MOVE!! lol. Here in a very wet Hampshire my renewal has just come through and it shows a £50 reduction to just £239.92 per annum including a legal protection fee. maybe there are less bogus claims in this neck of the wood.
Good of you to tell us tyker2. I shall move all my family & friends down there soon, we will take over Hampshire like we have taken over Bradford. It won't take long before we turn it into a cess pit. . Thank you.
at last the racist speaks the truth!

Now why has BD2 joined the crime lawless postcodes of BD3, BD5 and BD7? Has the ethnic make-up began to change?
[quote][p][bold]John_Ρhillips IV[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tyker2[/bold] wrote: maybe, like many others MOVE!! lol. Here in a very wet Hampshire my renewal has just come through and it shows a £50 reduction to just £239.92 per annum including a legal protection fee. maybe there are less bogus claims in this neck of the wood.[/p][/quote]Good of you to tell us tyker2. I shall move all my family & friends down there soon, we will take over Hampshire like we have taken over Bradford. It won't take long before we turn it into a cess pit. . Thank you.[/p][/quote]at last the racist speaks the truth! Now why has BD2 joined the crime lawless postcodes of BD3, BD5 and BD7? Has the ethnic make-up began to change? Colin Allcars
  • Score: 0

7:12pm Mon 20 Jun 11

sexysam says...

http://www.askmid.co
m/askmid.aspx

If anybody wants to grass someone in for no insurance, just type the reg no on the above website and it will tell you whether the car has insurance or not. If it doesn't then report its location to the police
http://www.askmid.co m/askmid.aspx If anybody wants to grass someone in for no insurance, just type the reg no on the above website and it will tell you whether the car has insurance or not. If it doesn't then report its location to the police sexysam
  • Score: 0

7:38pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Steve30d says...

sexysam wrote:
http://www.askmid.co

m/askmid.aspx

If anybody wants to grass someone in for no insurance, just type the reg no on the above website and it will tell you whether the car has insurance or not. If it doesn't then report its location to the police
interesting that link's a dot com. surely it should be a dot gov dot uk, OR even perhaps a dot org. Where's the money being made there?
[quote][p][bold]sexysam[/bold] wrote: http://www.askmid.co m/askmid.aspx If anybody wants to grass someone in for no insurance, just type the reg no on the above website and it will tell you whether the car has insurance or not. If it doesn't then report its location to the police[/p][/quote]interesting that link's a dot com. surely it should be a dot gov dot uk, OR even perhaps a dot org. Where's the money being made there? Steve30d
  • Score: 0

7:45pm Mon 20 Jun 11

John_Phillips IV says...

Colin Allcars wrote:
John_Ρhillips IV wrote:
tyker2 wrote: maybe, like many others MOVE!! lol. Here in a very wet Hampshire my renewal has just come through and it shows a £50 reduction to just £239.92 per annum including a legal protection fee. maybe there are less bogus claims in this neck of the wood.
Good of you to tell us tyker2. I shall move all my family & friends down there soon, we will take over Hampshire like we have taken over Bradford. It won't take long before we turn it into a cess pit. . Thank you.
at last the racist speaks the truth!

Now why has BD2 joined the crime lawless postcodes of BD3, BD5 and BD7? Has the ethnic make-up began to change?
The poster is using the same name as myself. Please don't be fooled by him.
.
He needs to get a life.
[quote][p][bold]Colin Allcars[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John_Ρhillips IV[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tyker2[/bold] wrote: maybe, like many others MOVE!! lol. Here in a very wet Hampshire my renewal has just come through and it shows a £50 reduction to just £239.92 per annum including a legal protection fee. maybe there are less bogus claims in this neck of the wood.[/p][/quote]Good of you to tell us tyker2. I shall move all my family & friends down there soon, we will take over Hampshire like we have taken over Bradford. It won't take long before we turn it into a cess pit. . Thank you.[/p][/quote]at last the racist speaks the truth! Now why has BD2 joined the crime lawless postcodes of BD3, BD5 and BD7? Has the ethnic make-up began to change?[/p][/quote]The poster is using the same name as myself. Please don't be fooled by him. . He needs to get a life. John_Phillips IV
  • Score: 0

7:57pm Mon 20 Jun 11

webess says...

Steve30d wrote:
sexysam wrote:
http://www.askmid.co


m/askmid.aspx

If anybody wants to grass someone in for no insurance, just type the reg no on the above website and it will tell you whether the car has insurance or not. If it doesn't then report its location to the police
interesting that link's a dot com. surely it should be a dot gov dot uk, OR even perhaps a dot org. Where's the money being made there?
It's run by the insurance companies. Please be aware though it's very naughty to put in details for a car that's not yours ;-)

The other problem is that it only shows the vehicle has an insurance policy on it. The driver may not be covered - eg it could be someone else driving or it may be being used for commercial use. That's the problem with automated systems
[quote][p][bold]Steve30d[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sexysam[/bold] wrote: http://www.askmid.co m/askmid.aspx If anybody wants to grass someone in for no insurance, just type the reg no on the above website and it will tell you whether the car has insurance or not. If it doesn't then report its location to the police[/p][/quote]interesting that link's a dot com. surely it should be a dot gov dot uk, OR even perhaps a dot org. Where's the money being made there?[/p][/quote]It's run by the insurance companies. Please be aware though it's very naughty to put in details for a car that's not yours ;-) The other problem is that it only shows the vehicle has an insurance policy on it. The driver may not be covered - eg it could be someone else driving or it may be being used for commercial use. That's the problem with automated systems webess
  • Score: 0

9:10pm Mon 20 Jun 11

Tollerboy says...

webess, says...
12:19pm Mon 20 Jun 11
People are missing the point. It's not uninsured motorists, it's bogus personal injury claims - the article makes that clear. This issue is nothing to do with the police,

I think we all know people who've got a shed load from a whiplash injury. The insurers should stop paying out such claims without hard medical evidence. PS Stock car drivers never seem to get whiplash injuries!”

The problem of personal injury claims for whiplash is a problem peculiar to Bradford.

Sadly a large proportion of the city's population is inflicted with weak necks.
The long term solution is to discourage the inbreeding that perpetuates this condition.
webess, says... 12:19pm Mon 20 Jun 11 People are missing the point. It's not uninsured motorists, it's bogus personal injury claims - the article makes that clear. This issue is nothing to do with the police, I think we all know people who've got a shed load from a whiplash injury. The insurers should stop paying out such claims without hard medical evidence. PS Stock car drivers never seem to get whiplash injuries!” The problem of personal injury claims for whiplash is a problem peculiar to Bradford. Sadly a large proportion of the city's population is inflicted with weak necks. The long term solution is to discourage the inbreeding that perpetuates this condition. Tollerboy
  • Score: 0

12:58am Tue 21 Jun 11

mrs walker says...

RICHARD I wrote:
Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?
[quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?[/p][/quote]I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make? mrs walker
  • Score: 0

4:59am Tue 21 Jun 11

spinnekop says...

mrs walker wrote:
RICHARD I wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?
There is a difference between wisdom and a complete lack of awarnese.

Some people just dont get it.

It dunne matter how far ye go. When yer stop you are who you are.

And that will be the life you make around you.
[quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?[/p][/quote]I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?[/p][/quote]There is a difference between wisdom and a complete lack of awarnese. Some people just dont get it. It dunne matter how far ye go. When yer stop you are who you are. And that will be the life you make around you. spinnekop
  • Score: 0

6:00am Tue 21 Jun 11

TirNaNog says...

Apollo wrote:
Avro wrote:
This is serious stuff, and where is this heading; certain area's that NO insurance company will touch??
It is a direct consequence of the fact that the residents of certain areas would not touch motor insurance for years - and the pathetic Police of Bradford let them get away with it.

The worm has simply turned.
TRANSLATION : It's OK if 'Whitey' does it! What a pathetic specimen although the location speaks volumes!
[quote][p][bold]Apollo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: This is serious stuff, and where is this heading; certain area's that NO insurance company will touch??[/p][/quote]It is a direct consequence of the fact that the residents of certain areas would not touch motor insurance for years - and the pathetic Police of Bradford let them get away with it. The worm has simply turned.[/p][/quote]TRANSLATION : It's OK if 'Whitey' does it! What a pathetic specimen although the location speaks volumes! TirNaNog
  • Score: 0

6:37am Tue 21 Jun 11

Albion. says...

mrs walker wrote:
RICHARD I wrote:
Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?
I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?
[quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?[/p][/quote]I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?[/p][/quote]I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn? Albion.
  • Score: 0

8:46am Tue 21 Jun 11

John_Ρhillips IV says...

TirNaNog wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Avro wrote:
This is serious stuff, and where is this heading; certain area's that NO insurance company will touch??
It is a direct consequence of the fact that the residents of certain areas would not touch motor insurance for years - and the pathetic Police of Bradford let them get away with it.

The worm has simply turned.
TRANSLATION : It's OK if 'Whitey' does it! What a pathetic specimen although the location speaks volumes!
Exactly!!!
Far too many foul mouthed racists, Islamaphobic chavs & EDL/BNP supporters here.
.
Thank you.
[quote][p][bold]TirNaNog[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Apollo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: This is serious stuff, and where is this heading; certain area's that NO insurance company will touch??[/p][/quote]It is a direct consequence of the fact that the residents of certain areas would not touch motor insurance for years - and the pathetic Police of Bradford let them get away with it. The worm has simply turned.[/p][/quote]TRANSLATION : It's OK if 'Whitey' does it! What a pathetic specimen although the location speaks volumes![/p][/quote]Exactly!!! Far too many foul mouthed racists, Islamaphobic chavs & EDL/BNP supporters here. . Thank you. John_Ρhillips IV
  • Score: 0

9:38am Tue 21 Jun 11

ministry_of_justice says...

Just blow Bradford up for me!
Just blow Bradford up for me! ministry_of_justice
  • Score: 0

9:38am Tue 21 Jun 11

BertSanders says...

I experienced similar refusal - the M&S
panel of insurers adopted a similar policy.
I suggested to the Minister of Transport this may be a major reason there are so many uninsured cars in Bradford - as you cannot buy it if it is not available.
I received a response that did not answer the question, but went on to imply it might be my age- even though I have over 9 years no claim.
It is good that plans are being made to tackle the problem - I live an area where drivers either have several named drivers or they are not aware that motor insurance is individual - unless you are a named driver.
I experienced similar refusal - the M&S panel of insurers adopted a similar policy. I suggested to the Minister of Transport this may be a major reason there are so many uninsured cars in Bradford - as you cannot buy it if it is not available. I received a response that did not answer the question, but went on to imply it might be my age- even though I have over 9 years no claim. It is good that plans are being made to tackle the problem - I live an area where drivers either have several named drivers or they are not aware that motor insurance is individual - unless you are a named driver. BertSanders
  • Score: 0

10:10am Tue 21 Jun 11

RICHARD I says...

John phillips is laughable, both on this thread and another he has claimed someone else is posting in his name. Yet we all know it is impossible to register the same name!

He allows his racist tendancies to get the better of him, then realises he cannot delete the post.

Shame on you John, why can't you just admit who you are?

In response to Mrs. Walker, I chose those area's because year on year they are named in the top ten in the country for vehicles not having insurance.

Why do west yorkshire police allow this to happen?

Again to John (the resident fool).

If "racism" played a part in insurance premiums, why is it insurance companies appear to have no problem with Queenbury and it's 2 ex-BNP councillors?
John phillips is laughable, both on this thread and another he has claimed someone else is posting in his name. Yet we all know it is impossible to register the same name! He allows his racist tendancies to get the better of him, then realises he cannot delete the post. Shame on you John, why can't you just admit who you are? In response to Mrs. Walker, I chose those area's because year on year they are named in the top ten in the country for vehicles not having insurance. Why do west yorkshire police allow this to happen? Again to John (the resident fool). If "racism" played a part in insurance premiums, why is it insurance companies appear to have no problem with Queenbury and it's 2 ex-BNP councillors? RICHARD I
  • Score: 0

12:42pm Tue 21 Jun 11

knox615 says...

Motoring organisations such as the AA and RAC should be campaigning the government about all these personal injury claims relating to motor insurance and get something done about it. Instead they keep going on about petrol prices, which although high aren't as big a problem as these premium increases for everyone. Maybe its because they have to fuel large fleets of vehicles, ie self interest rather than the interests of the motorists they claim to represent.
Motoring organisations such as the AA and RAC should be campaigning the government about all these personal injury claims relating to motor insurance and get something done about it. Instead they keep going on about petrol prices, which although high aren't as big a problem as these premium increases for everyone. Maybe its because they have to fuel large fleets of vehicles, ie self interest rather than the interests of the motorists they claim to represent. knox615
  • Score: 0

12:42pm Tue 21 Jun 11

John_Ρhillips IV says...

RICHARD I wrote:
John phillips is laughable, both on this thread and another he has claimed someone else is posting in his name. Yet we all know it is impossible to register the same name!

He allows his racist tendancies to get the better of him, then realises he cannot delete the post.

Shame on you John, why can't you just admit who you are?

In response to Mrs. Walker, I chose those area's because year on year they are named in the top ten in the country for vehicles not having insurance.

Why do west yorkshire police allow this to happen?

Again to John (the resident fool).

If "racism" played a part in insurance premiums, why is it insurance companies appear to have no problem with Queenbury and it's 2 ex-BNP councillors?
Some one is claiming to be my good self.
I did not write the comments you are reading.
They need to get a life.
They are probably EDL/BNP Islamaphobes from Fagley.
.
Thank you.
[quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: John phillips is laughable, both on this thread and another he has claimed someone else is posting in his name. Yet we all know it is impossible to register the same name! He allows his racist tendancies to get the better of him, then realises he cannot delete the post. Shame on you John, why can't you just admit who you are? In response to Mrs. Walker, I chose those area's because year on year they are named in the top ten in the country for vehicles not having insurance. Why do west yorkshire police allow this to happen? Again to John (the resident fool). If "racism" played a part in insurance premiums, why is it insurance companies appear to have no problem with Queenbury and it's 2 ex-BNP councillors?[/p][/quote]Some one is claiming to be my good self. I did not write the comments you are reading. They need to get a life. They are probably EDL/BNP Islamaphobes from Fagley. . Thank you. John_Ρhillips IV
  • Score: 0

12:49pm Tue 21 Jun 11

Andy2010 says...

Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple
Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple Andy2010
  • Score: 0

12:55pm Tue 21 Jun 11

Albion. says...

Andy2010 wrote:
Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple
Just walking around my own area which is considered to be a desirable and expensive sort of place, I often see untaxed cars or at least cars displaying out of date or no tax disk, so even if they have insurance it wouldn't be valid.
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple[/p][/quote]Just walking around my own area which is considered to be a desirable and expensive sort of place, I often see untaxed cars or at least cars displaying out of date or no tax disk, so even if they have insurance it wouldn't be valid. Albion.
  • Score: 0

1:01pm Tue 21 Jun 11

Andy2010 says...

Albion. wrote:
Andy2010 wrote: Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple
Just walking around my own area which is considered to be a desirable and expensive sort of place, I often see untaxed cars or at least cars displaying out of date or no tax disk, so even if they have insurance it wouldn't be valid.
Exactly....if we can figure this out why cant the police and DVLA etc etc. With the fines and if they took the vehicles and sold at auction it woudl be self funding. Eliminating both un-taxed and uninsured drivers almost immediately as fear would also be there that leaving your car anywhere even at home might result in it being clamped.
[quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple[/p][/quote]Just walking around my own area which is considered to be a desirable and expensive sort of place, I often see untaxed cars or at least cars displaying out of date or no tax disk, so even if they have insurance it wouldn't be valid.[/p][/quote]Exactly....if we can figure this out why cant the police and DVLA etc etc. With the fines and if they took the vehicles and sold at auction it woudl be self funding. Eliminating both un-taxed and uninsured drivers almost immediately as fear would also be there that leaving your car anywhere even at home might result in it being clamped. Andy2010
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Tue 21 Jun 11

The 39th Step says...

I was once involved in a car crash. The driver was an ex-Police officer (white, English) and the accident was entirely his fault, though he lied and managed to worm his way out of it, and also made a bogus claim for whiplash injury as well as advising me to do the same, but much to his astonishment I refused as I wasn't injured.
I was once involved in a car crash. The driver was an ex-Police officer (white, English) and the accident was entirely his fault, though he lied and managed to worm his way out of it, and also made a bogus claim for whiplash injury as well as advising me to do the same, but much to his astonishment I refused as I wasn't injured. The 39th Step
  • Score: 0

3:43pm Tue 21 Jun 11

The 39th Step says...

Albion. wrote:
Andy2010 wrote:
Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple
Just walking around my own area which is considered to be a desirable and expensive sort of place, I often see untaxed cars or at least cars displaying out of date or no tax disk, so even if they have insurance it wouldn't be valid.
A desirable and expensive place? I didn't realise you'd moved back to Manningham! I hope you reported the vehicles in question, I certainly would.
[quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple[/p][/quote]Just walking around my own area which is considered to be a desirable and expensive sort of place, I often see untaxed cars or at least cars displaying out of date or no tax disk, so even if they have insurance it wouldn't be valid.[/p][/quote]A desirable and expensive place? I didn't realise you'd moved back to Manningham! I hope you reported the vehicles in question, I certainly would. The 39th Step
  • Score: 0

4:09pm Tue 21 Jun 11

Albion. says...

The 39th Step wrote:
Albion. wrote:
Andy2010 wrote:
Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple
Just walking around my own area which is considered to be a desirable and expensive sort of place, I often see untaxed cars or at least cars displaying out of date or no tax disk, so even if they have insurance it wouldn't be valid.
A desirable and expensive place? I didn't realise you'd moved back to Manningham! I hope you reported the vehicles in question, I certainly would.
A good bit further out actually, If I reported them it would be a daily chore as I seem to see them on a regular basis. A few years back someone I know printed off some official looking notices and attached them to untaxed cars in his area (the results were quite amazing).
[quote][p][bold]The 39th Step[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: Why dont the DVLA or police just drive around all the estates bot good and bad and any vehicle they see parked up that isnt insured and not SORN just clamp. Unless a fine of say about £1k is paid within 72 hours just tow and crush the vehicle...simple[/p][/quote]Just walking around my own area which is considered to be a desirable and expensive sort of place, I often see untaxed cars or at least cars displaying out of date or no tax disk, so even if they have insurance it wouldn't be valid.[/p][/quote]A desirable and expensive place? I didn't realise you'd moved back to Manningham! I hope you reported the vehicles in question, I certainly would.[/p][/quote]A good bit further out actually, If I reported them it would be a daily chore as I seem to see them on a regular basis. A few years back someone I know printed off some official looking notices and attached them to untaxed cars in his area (the results were quite amazing). Albion.
  • Score: 0

12:28am Wed 22 Jun 11

mrs walker says...

Albion. wrote:
mrs walker wrote:
RICHARD I wrote:
Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?
I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?
Do you want to change the record and stop being such a hypocrite?
There was no need for Richard's snide comment. Or yours.
[quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?[/p][/quote]I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?[/p][/quote]I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?[/p][/quote]Do you want to change the record and stop being such a hypocrite? There was no need for Richard's snide comment. Or yours. mrs walker
  • Score: 0

6:28am Wed 22 Jun 11

Albion. says...

mrs walker wrote:
Albion. wrote:
mrs walker wrote:
RICHARD I wrote:
Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?
I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?
Do you want to change the record and stop being such a hypocrite?
There was no need for Richard's snide comment. Or yours.
Or your's (that was my point).
[quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?[/p][/quote]I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?[/p][/quote]I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?[/p][/quote]Do you want to change the record and stop being such a hypocrite? There was no need for Richard's snide comment. Or yours.[/p][/quote]Or your's (that was my point). Albion.
  • Score: 0

8:32am Wed 22 Jun 11

stiflers mom says...

John_Ρhillips IV wrote:
RICHARD I wrote: John phillips is laughable, both on this thread and another he has claimed someone else is posting in his name. Yet we all know it is impossible to register the same name! He allows his racist tendancies to get the better of him, then realises he cannot delete the post. Shame on you John, why can't you just admit who you are? In response to Mrs. Walker, I chose those area's because year on year they are named in the top ten in the country for vehicles not having insurance. Why do west yorkshire police allow this to happen? Again to John (the resident fool). If "racism" played a part in insurance premiums, why is it insurance companies appear to have no problem with Queenbury and it's 2 ex-BNP councillors?
Some one is claiming to be my good self. I did not write the comments you are reading. They need to get a life. They are probably EDL/BNP Islamaphobes from Fagley. . Thank you.
who on gods earth would want to claim(pardon the pun) to be john phillips !!
.
Thank you
[quote][p][bold]John_Ρhillips IV[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: John phillips is laughable, both on this thread and another he has claimed someone else is posting in his name. Yet we all know it is impossible to register the same name! He allows his racist tendancies to get the better of him, then realises he cannot delete the post. Shame on you John, why can't you just admit who you are? In response to Mrs. Walker, I chose those area's because year on year they are named in the top ten in the country for vehicles not having insurance. Why do west yorkshire police allow this to happen? Again to John (the resident fool). If "racism" played a part in insurance premiums, why is it insurance companies appear to have no problem with Queenbury and it's 2 ex-BNP councillors?[/p][/quote]Some one is claiming to be my good self. I did not write the comments you are reading. They need to get a life. They are probably EDL/BNP Islamaphobes from Fagley. . Thank you.[/p][/quote]who on gods earth would want to claim(pardon the pun) to be john phillips !! . Thank you stiflers mom
  • Score: 0

9:56am Wed 22 Jun 11

Speed Merchant says...

How long before they target other Bradford Post Codes and how long before other insurance companies start doing the same. About time Bradford reply back, I urge every one in and around Bradford to boycott esure.
How long before they target other Bradford Post Codes and how long before other insurance companies start doing the same. About time Bradford reply back, I urge every one in and around Bradford to boycott esure. Speed Merchant
  • Score: 0

11:42am Wed 22 Jun 11

RICHARD I says...

Most people in BD3 have already boycotted all insurnace companies !
Most people in BD3 have already boycotted all insurnace companies ! RICHARD I
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Wed 22 Jun 11

Ian H 1971 says...

bradmat wrote:
Does anyone know a cheap insurance company who will insure in bradford? Its coming up to my renewel time and i am being refused or being quoted thousands to insure a 1.1L group 3 insurance car in the bd4 area :(
I was with Esure since 2005 until March this year, when my premium quadrupled and the reason they gave was they no longer insured my postcode. I only got a quote at all due to being an existing customer, but in the end I changed my insurer to Privilege, which is underwritten by Direct Line. My quote was still more than double what my older Esure quotes had been. I used to pay around £290 fully comp with NCP and legal protection, but my current premium is £730.

A couple of years back my sister was the victim of a staged Asian 'accident', right outside her work; they lept out of their cars with cameras too. She reluctantly had to pay for the claim.

Almost every day I have a car full of uninsured council estate chavs, either behind or in front of me from Ravenscliffe or Fagley or Thorpe Edge. One the other evening had black smoke pouring from the exhaust, and the car weighed down to the ground with chavs; it was driven in a cut throat manner, swerving all over the road cutting people up, then slowing down and then finally veering off at speed on two wheels nearly into their nearby hovels. Everyone including myself were desperately trying to keep out of their way, and some older couple must have been terrified as they pulled over and waited at the Ravenscliffe bend on Harrogate Road.

You have to say your prayers driving around Bradford these days...
[quote][p][bold]bradmat[/bold] wrote: Does anyone know a cheap insurance company who will insure in bradford? Its coming up to my renewel time and i am being refused or being quoted thousands to insure a 1.1L group 3 insurance car in the bd4 area :([/p][/quote]I was with Esure since 2005 until March this year, when my premium quadrupled and the reason they gave was they no longer insured my postcode. I only got a quote at all due to being an existing customer, but in the end I changed my insurer to Privilege, which is underwritten by Direct Line. My quote was still more than double what my older Esure quotes had been. I used to pay around £290 fully comp with NCP and legal protection, but my current premium is £730. A couple of years back my sister was the victim of a staged Asian 'accident', right outside her work; they lept out of their cars with cameras too. She reluctantly had to pay for the claim. Almost every day I have a car full of uninsured council estate chavs, either behind or in front of me from Ravenscliffe or Fagley or Thorpe Edge. One the other evening had black smoke pouring from the exhaust, and the car weighed down to the ground with chavs; it was driven in a cut throat manner, swerving all over the road cutting people up, then slowing down and then finally veering off at speed on two wheels nearly into their nearby hovels. Everyone including myself were desperately trying to keep out of their way, and some older couple must have been terrified as they pulled over and waited at the Ravenscliffe bend on Harrogate Road. You have to say your prayers driving around Bradford these days... Ian H 1971
  • Score: 0

8:17pm Wed 22 Jun 11

Colin Allcars says...

John_Ρhillips IV wrote:
RICHARD I wrote: John phillips is laughable, both on this thread and another he has claimed someone else is posting in his name. Yet we all know it is impossible to register the same name! He allows his racist tendancies to get the better of him, then realises he cannot delete the post. Shame on you John, why can't you just admit who you are? In response to Mrs. Walker, I chose those area's because year on year they are named in the top ten in the country for vehicles not having insurance. Why do west yorkshire police allow this to happen? Again to John (the resident fool). If "racism" played a part in insurance premiums, why is it insurance companies appear to have no problem with Queenbury and it's 2 ex-BNP councillors?
Some one is claiming to be my good self. I did not write the comments you are reading. They need to get a life. They are probably EDL/BNP Islamaphobes from Fagley. . Thank you.
Maybe it's an islamaphobe at Fagley halal butchers, or one of the islamaphobes that 'work' for Fagley Private hire, or even one of the islamaphobes that have moved onto Fagley Road and 'persuaded' the longstanding residents to sell up!
[quote][p][bold]John_Ρhillips IV[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: John phillips is laughable, both on this thread and another he has claimed someone else is posting in his name. Yet we all know it is impossible to register the same name! He allows his racist tendancies to get the better of him, then realises he cannot delete the post. Shame on you John, why can't you just admit who you are? In response to Mrs. Walker, I chose those area's because year on year they are named in the top ten in the country for vehicles not having insurance. Why do west yorkshire police allow this to happen? Again to John (the resident fool). If "racism" played a part in insurance premiums, why is it insurance companies appear to have no problem with Queenbury and it's 2 ex-BNP councillors?[/p][/quote]Some one is claiming to be my good self. I did not write the comments you are reading. They need to get a life. They are probably EDL/BNP Islamaphobes from Fagley. . Thank you.[/p][/quote]Maybe it's an islamaphobe at Fagley halal butchers, or one of the islamaphobes that 'work' for Fagley Private hire, or even one of the islamaphobes that have moved onto Fagley Road and 'persuaded' the longstanding residents to sell up! Colin Allcars
  • Score: 0

9:30am Thu 23 Jun 11

Hitting Back! says...

It appears that once again the usual suspects place all the blame on the Muslims.
True there are some that are involved in such scams, but two years ago I was the victim of a staged accident where the offenders were a couple of "proper chavs" (white).
Many Muslims drive expensive cars because they have worked hard for them and are successful business people, eg food, clothing, property. And yes they do pay insurance before you w@n**rs start having a go!
It appears that once again the usual suspects place all the blame on the Muslims. True there are some that are involved in such scams, but two years ago I was the victim of a staged accident where the offenders were a couple of "proper chavs" (white). Many Muslims drive expensive cars because they have worked hard for them and are successful business people, eg food, clothing, property. And yes they do pay insurance before you w@n**rs start having a go! Hitting Back!
  • Score: 0

12:47pm Thu 23 Jun 11

Andy2010 says...

Hitting Back! wrote:
It appears that once again the usual suspects place all the blame on the Muslims. True there are some that are involved in such scams, but two years ago I was the victim of a staged accident where the offenders were a couple of "proper chavs" (white). Many Muslims drive expensive cars because they have worked hard for them and are successful business people, eg food, clothing, property. And yes they do pay insurance before you w@n**rs start having a go!
You made a slight error in above. I have corrected below

"Many Muslims drive expensive cars because they have worked hard for them and are successful business people, eg food, clothing, property and drugs."
[quote][p][bold]Hitting Back![/bold] wrote: It appears that once again the usual suspects place all the blame on the Muslims. True there are some that are involved in such scams, but two years ago I was the victim of a staged accident where the offenders were a couple of "proper chavs" (white). Many Muslims drive expensive cars because they have worked hard for them and are successful business people, eg food, clothing, property. And yes they do pay insurance before you w@n**rs start having a go![/p][/quote]You made a slight error in above. I have corrected below "Many Muslims drive expensive cars because they have worked hard for them and are successful business people, eg food, clothing, property and drugs." Andy2010
  • Score: 0

7:46pm Thu 23 Jun 11

Foolroy says...

Albion. wrote:
mrs walker wrote:
Albion. wrote:
mrs walker wrote:
RICHARD I wrote:
Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?
I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?
Do you want to change the record and stop being such a hypocrite?
There was no need for Richard's snide comment. Or yours.
Or your's (that was my point).
Make a whiplash claim, just like me. Insurance premium sorted for the next few years.
Albion - learn to spell! And while you are there, get a grip of your grammar.
[quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?[/p][/quote]I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?[/p][/quote]I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?[/p][/quote]Do you want to change the record and stop being such a hypocrite? There was no need for Richard's snide comment. Or yours.[/p][/quote]Or your's (that was my point).[/p][/quote]Make a whiplash claim, just like me. Insurance premium sorted for the next few years. Albion - learn to spell! And while you are there, get a grip of your grammar. Foolroy
  • Score: 0

6:44am Sat 25 Jun 11

Albion. says...

Foolroy wrote:
Albion. wrote:
mrs walker wrote:
Albion. wrote:
mrs walker wrote:
RICHARD I wrote:
Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?
I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?
I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?
Do you want to change the record and stop being such a hypocrite?
There was no need for Richard's snide comment. Or yours.
Or your's (that was my point).
Make a whiplash claim, just like me. Insurance premium sorted for the next few years.
Albion - learn to spell! And while you are there, get a grip of your grammar.
What relevance has your comment regarding "whiplash" to the comments that you have attached it to?
Would you care to point out the errors in my post?
[quote][p][bold]Foolroy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mrs walker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RICHARD I[/bold] wrote: Where do you suggest people move to John? Area's such as BD3/BD7/BD9/BD8? because we all know they are full of respectable , upstanding family men, who attend mosque every week. I wonder how much the premiums would be then?[/p][/quote]I live in one of the areas you mention, Richard. I may not be a man, but I like to think I'm respectable and upstanding. My insurance is just short of £1000 per year. Would you like to be more direct in explaining what point you are trying to make?[/p][/quote]I should have thought that was obvious, are you employing your usual tactic of extending the provocation until a thread you dislike is withdrawn?[/p][/quote]Do you want to change the record and stop being such a hypocrite? There was no need for Richard's snide comment. Or yours.[/p][/quote]Or your's (that was my point).[/p][/quote]Make a whiplash claim, just like me. Insurance premium sorted for the next few years. Albion - learn to spell! And while you are there, get a grip of your grammar.[/p][/quote]What relevance has your comment regarding "whiplash" to the comments that you have attached it to? Would you care to point out the errors in my post? Albion.
  • Score: 0

12:52pm Mon 4 Jul 11

RED65 says...

Honesty i think we all know the underlying REAL reason why people in these areas pay through the roof.
Why dont insurance companys show the data of claimants like nationality i.e polish,white,british asian as there shows to me to who is more of a risk .But us who drive through these area's already know this dont we.
Honesty i think we all know the underlying REAL reason why people in these areas pay through the roof. Why dont insurance companys show the data of claimants like nationality i.e polish,white,british asian as there shows to me to who is more of a risk .But us who drive through these area's already know this dont we. RED65
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree