Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Neighbour saves dog from fire
11:43am Wednesday 24th June 2009 in Drighlington
A neighbour came to the rescue of a dog when a fire broke out in a house in Drighlington, Bradford, at around 5am today.
The man, returning home from work at the end of a night shift, heard his neighbour’s smoke detector sounding and went to investigate.
He alerted another resident to call the fire service because of fears someone was trapped inside the semi-detached house in Walton Drive.
When firefighters arrived, the man had retrieved a dog from the house. They put out a small fire involving an electric heater in the conservatory and found that no one was home.
A spokesman for Morley fire station said he suspected an electrical fault was to blame for the fire.