Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Warning after candle sparks house fire in Bailiff Bridge
A candle on top of a television sparked a blaze at a home in Bailiff Bridge .
Firefighters from Brighouse Fire Station say the candle’s flame lit some ornamental twigs next to them and caused a fire at the house on Sovereign Square at around 7pm last night.
Crew Commander Ian Clough said: “It was a small fire but caused damage in the area around the television.
“Our advice is to never place an open flame next to combustibles.
“Tealight candles should be placed in glass containers because when they burn the metal gets extremely hot.”