Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Couple treated for smoke inhalation after house fire
A couple had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a washer/dryer caught fire at their home in Spring Hall, Shelf, this morning.
A female occupant managed to smell the smoke before the smoke detector went off and got out of the house with her husband. He had tried to grab the clothes out of the dryer but was overcome by smoke.
The kitchen was damaged and the couple were treated with oxygen at the scene by Odsal firefighters. The incident happened at 12.30am today.