Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Machine catches fire at Bradford Royal Infirmary
8:00am Thursday 6th September 2012 in News
An electrical fault is believed to be responsible for a sterilising machine catching fire in the X-ray department at Bradford Royal Infirmary .
Fairweather Green firefighters were called to the hospital at about 2am yesterday.
Watch commander Rick Sunderland said: “Due to an updated alarm system and prompt action by the staff at the hospital, it reduced the likelihood of the fire developing as quickly as it could have done.”
Mr Sunderland said the fire did not spread from the machine.
The X-ray department was empty at the time so nobody was evacuated.
Mr Sunderland said the fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
He added: “For other firms it shows the benefits of fire doors and that they work properly.”