Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Six people evacuated from house after fire
8:37am Friday 27th July 2012 in News
Six people were evacuated from their home on the edge of Bradford city centre after a kitchen fire last night.
Firefighters from Bradford Fire Station tackled a pan blaze at a house of multiple occupancy on Hallfield Road, off Lumb Lane, at 8.37pm.
Two people, who had tried to quell the flames themselves, were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Watch commander Steve Haley said: “They couldn’t see the fire because of the smoke and were using a water extinguisher from the door, but the fire was a chip pan fire so it could have been potentially harmful.
“In that situation they should have closed the fire doors, got out and called the fire service.
“The kitchen was left with fire and heat damage but it wasn’t too serious.”