VIDEO: Occupy Bradford demonstrators move off Centenary Square after court order (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)
Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
VIDEO: Occupy Bradford demonstrators move off Centenary Square after court order
7:19pm Friday 4th November 2011 in News
Anti-capitalist demonstrators moved off Centenary Square tonight after Bradford Council secured a Court order for their eviction.
The protesters has been camped in front of City Hall for about a week, but packed up their tents and belongings before holding an assembley on the square to decide their next moves.
They will meet at Centenary Square at 1.30pm tomorrow for more discussions.
Earlier, the Council said it had been forced to obtain the order after protesters refused to move despite several "polite requests".
"As the protesters refused to move from the square the Council was left with no choice other than to issue a Court Order to oblige them to vacate," a Council spokesman said.
"We are pleased that the protesters have moved on and we are sure that Bradford residents, visitors and workers would support our actions to allow major events to go ahead without interference from an unauthorised encampment.”