Former England footballer Adam Johnson has been filmed laughing in prison while discussing his conviction for sexual activity with a 15-year-old fan.
Johnson was found guilty last year of sexual activity with a child in relation to meeting up with the besotted girl in his Range Rover in County Durham in January 2015.
At the start of his trial at Bradford Crown Court, Johnson admitted one charge of sexual activity with a child, relating to kissing her. He also admitted a charge of meeting a child with intent following grooming her.
- UPDATE: Footballer Adam Johnson loses child sex conviction appeal
- UPDATE: England footballer Adam Johnson jailed for engaging in sexual activity with a besotted 15-year-old fan
In footage obtained by a national newspaper he is seen sitting in what appears to be a laundry room of Moorland Prison, South Yorkshire, when he is asked by someone: "It's not like you f***ing raped her or owt like that?"
Laughing, he replies: "No, I wish I f***ing did for six year."
Last month Johnson lost a challenge for permission to appeal against his conviction and Court of Appeal judges also rejected his bid for a reduction in his six-year jail sentence.
The former Sunderland and Manchester City winger is also heard saying he believes he was brought to court and handed a long sentence because he was in the public eye.
The Ministry of Justice declined to comment on the footage.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Supermarket damaged and nearby homes evacuated after suspected arson attack
- Warning as figures show Bradford has highest number of electoral fraud complaints in country
- Man appears in court over alleged hit-and-run crash that left pensioner dead
- VIDEO: High-speed overtake condemned by roads police as Operation Steerside crackdown tally nears 9,000 stops
- Elections chief says anti-fraud measures in Bradford are robust, despite high level of allegations
- Controversial new rules for cabbies to be decided