A FIRE of bags of rubbish in a garden got out of control and spread to a fence and tree at a house in Bradford.

A crew from Idle Fire Station were called to the blaze in the back garden of a house in Wood Lane, Swain House, at around 8.30pm yesterday.

A number of bags of rubbish, which contained household rubbish and wood, were set alight by residents of the house.

A spokesman from Idle Fire Station said the fire caused minimal damage to both and added the cause of the fire was accidental.

No-one was injured or suffered any smoke inhalation in the incident.