BOMB disposal experts were called to a takeaway in Bradford today after a "suspect device" was found.
Police were called to Raja's Appetisers Bar, in Leeds Road, at 2am following reports of a fire at the premises.
A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said: "The fire service attended to put out a small fire in the basement while officers put road closures in place.
- VIDEO & UPDATE: Police investigation after controlled explosion carried out on 'suspect device' at Leeds Road business
"Police were then informed that what was believed to be a suspect device had been found in the premises.
"Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) officers were contacted and a number of people were evacuated while a cordon was put in place.
"The device was removed from the premises by EOD officers and made safe.
"Roads have now reopened and people have been allowed to return to the area.
"Enquiries are at an early stage and police are keeping an open mind as to whether this could be linked to a similar incident on March 6."
On March 6, a controlled explosion was carried out on a "suspect device" found at the same restaurant.
Police attend Raja's Appetisers Bar earlier this month
Fire crews had been called to the restaurant at 11.30am after reports of an overnight arson attack that led to what was described as a "minor fire".
They found the device during a search of the building later in the afternoon and bomb disposal experts were called.
Anyone with information on the latest incident is asked to contact Bradford District CID on 101, quoting log 81 of March 20, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
MORE TOP STORIES
- FURTHER UPDATE: Area around army barracks re-opens to public after controlled explosion takes place
- 'Slow down' motorists are urged by police as more than 3,000 speeding drivers are caught
- Pair jailed for total of 16 years for sexually abusing boys at children's home
- Police probe identity of pharmacy body
- Hundreds turn out for march into Keighley to oppose waste to energy incinerator planned for land at Marley
- Woman, 37, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following double stabbing