A BABY was treated for smoke inhalation after a tumble dryer fire at a house in Wilsden.

Crews from Fairweather Green and Shipley fire stations were called to a property in Main Street at about 6.25pm yesterday.

The fire was in the cellar of the property, said a fire service spokesman.

Yorkshire Ambulance Service took the baby and its parents to hospital for precautionary check-ups due to smoke inhalation.

The fire service spokesman said there were no working smoke detectors in the property.