UP to 100 jobs could be created if plans to turn the former Morrisons head office into a new retail and leisure site get the go-ahead.
The supermarket group wants permission to build four shops, a restaurant and an industrial unit on the site of its former Hilmore House offices in Thornton Road, Girlington, Bradford.
Morrisons has now submitted a full planning application, which is to be considered by planners in the coming months, with a decision due in November.
The firm used the site, between Ingleby Road and Rosse Street, as its headquarters until it relocated to Gain Lane in 2006. Its warehousing there closed in 2012.
The offices and warehouses have since been pulled down and the site currently lies vacant and derelict, the planning application says.
A report drawn up by the scheme's architects, Urban Edge, says a public consultation into the retail and leisure plan was held in June to gauge people's views, and the results had been "wholly positive".
It says: "To summarise, 100 per cent of respondents said that they supported the proposals. 83.4 per cent were fully supportive of the proposal and the remaining 16.6 per cent supported the proposals but had some comments to make."
And it says as a result of comments made, the number of planned car parking spaces had been reduced by almost a third to 206, and a landscaping strategy had been introduced to soften the overall impact of the development.
A Morrisons spokesman said: “Following a positive public consultation we have submitted a planning application for the redevelopment of our Thornton Road site.
"While it’s still early days, we hope that Bradford Council will support our application, and recognise the benefits it will unlock for the local area, just as local residents and shoppers have.”
The firm has also indicated that it hopes to keep the site and act as landlords for any future tenants, rather than selling off the land.
Ward Councillor Imran Hussain (Lab, Toller) said he would welcome the redevelopment of the site, but said he would be pushing for new jobs to go to local people.
He said: "Unemployment is still an issue in and around that area."