Man taken to hospital after kitchen blaze

Man taken to hospital after kitchen blaze

Man taken to hospital after kitchen blaze

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS from the same Bradford stations were called to two kitchen fires in the space of a few hours after pans left unattended caught fire.

A man was taken to hospital for health checks following an incident in Cromer Avenue, Keighley, just after 10 pm on Saturday when he woke to find his home filling with smoke.

A pan containing oil had been left on the cooker and firefighters used a hose reel to douse the flames, which had spread to the kitchen, though the occupier had been able to get himself out of the property.

Crews were planning to return to the neighbourhood to conduct a full fire safety check at the house and also offer advice to neighbours about the importance of having smoke detectors, which were not fitted at the house involved.

At around 5 am today, the same crews from the Keighley and Bingley stations were also called to Braithwaite Avenue, Keighley, were a pan had caught fire at the home of an elderly woman.

The address has a monitored alarm system which meant firefighters were called immediately when smoke detectors went off.

They were able to carry the pan outside, leaving virtually no damage to the property.

Paramedics were called and treated the occupant at the scene.

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service stress the importance of having smoke detectors installed and checking regularly to ensure they are in working order.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree