Man, 24, badly burned as van catches fire in Bradford

Man, 24, badly burned as van catches fire in Bradford

Man, 24, badly burned as van catches fire in Bradford

First published in News

A man suffered serious flash burns when he was engulfed by flames in Bradford today.

The 24-year-old was working at a house in Marsh Street, Bankfoot, when a machine in his van burst into flames.

A spokesman for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service said the man was taken to Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield suffering from "extensive burns".

Firefighters from Odsal and Bradford stations were called to the scene at 2.20pm.

A spokesman for Odsal station said the man suffered flash burns after being enveloped by flames. The van was destroyed by the fire.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree