TWO members of an armed gang who carried out a series of terrifying robberies across West Yorkshire have been jailed again after they burgled a family home in Baildon.

In April 2009 Gavin Hannam and Shelton Dugher were given eight-year prison sentences for their part in a crime spree which included attacks on betting shops in Greengates and Yeadon in December 2008.

But a court heard today that while the pair were out of prison on licence they broke into a family home on Station Road, Baildon, while the owners and their two children were asleep.

Prosecutor Ken Green told Bradford Crown Court how the intruders stole various items including a bottle of champagne during the early hours burglary last month.

The defendants also stole the family's £48,000 Range Rover vehicle and drove off through the property's electronically-operated gates causing about £5,000 of damage.

Police attended at the house after they were contacted by a railway worker who had found a bag containing some of the stolen items and overheard a conversation between the burglars in which they talked about going back to the house to steal a Volvo car and the television.

Mr Green said the householders were unaware of the break-in and while officers were at the house the stolen Range Rover returned to the scene.

The court heard that during a police pursuit the Range Rover was reversed in the police car injuring the officers in it and disabling the vehicle.

Mr Green said the Range Rover was also involved in a collision with another motorist near to the JCT600 showroom at Rawdon and the police eventually found the stolen vehicle abandoned in the Yeadon area.

A search of the area led to Dugher, 29, of Cottingley Drive, Cottingley, being found under a railway bridge and his associate Hannam, 28, of no fixed address, was later detained at a pub in Shipley.

It is understood that Dugher was let out of prison on licence in September 2013, but Hannam had only been out on licence four weeks before they committed the burglary.

The pair both pleaded guilty to the burglary charge and yesterday Judge Colin Burn sentenced each of them to 28 months in prison.

''This is not the first time of course that you have been before the courts together and on the last occasion you were before the courts for extremely serious matters judging by the sentence,'' noted Judge Burn.

He told the pair that the latest offence was aggravated by the fact that the occupiers were asleep in their home and it had been a high value burglary of a gated property.