TWO men were arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a young Bradford mum in a series of dramatic early morning raids.

Ashleigh McPherson, 22, was forced to undergo emergency surgery at Bradford Royal Infirmary after she suffered two gunshot wounds to the stomach in the attack in May.

Armed with warrants, three teams of officers swooped on three separate addresses in the Barkerend Road and Tyersal areas around 8am yesterday, arresting two men, aged 35 and 25, on suspicion of attempted murder and firearms offences.

Members of the public looked on as the men were handcuffed by plain-clothed officers and led to unmarked police vehicles to take them into custody.

In one raid, officers searched a house for almost an hour in the hunt for evidence, recovering a bulletproof vest from the living room of one of the arrested men.

Police are also believed to be seeking a third man in connection with the incident, although his whereabouts remained unknown yesterday.

Detective Chief Inspector Steve Snow, of West Yorkshire Police's Protective Services Department, said: "Officers executed a number of search warrants across the Bradford District, in connection with a firearms discharge in East Bowling, Bradford earlier this year.

"Two men, aged 35 and 25, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and unlawful possession of a firearm.

"These men are currently in custody and enquiries remain ongoing."

Miss McPherson was shot when masked attackers pulled up outside her house in Longfield Drive, East Bowling, in a car at around 3.15pm on Friday, May 16.

They approached the semi-detached house and fired shots through the front door.

Miss McPherson suffered serious stomach injuries, but her seven year-old daughter, who was in the house at the time, escaped unhurt.

At the time, one resident said the shooting had "shocked" the neighbourhood, adding that it was "terrifying that someone could do something so insane."

Hasan Khan, 24, of Brassey Terrace, West Bowling, was arrested by armed officers on Blackpool Promenade on the morning after the incident, after police vehicles boxed in a black Vauxhall Corsa he was travelling in.

He remains in custody, due to stand trial later this year accused of the attempted murder of Miss McPherson and firearms offences.