Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Jury in Barry Selby murder trial considering its verdict
Updated 9:12am Thursday 26th June 2014 in News
The jury in the Barry Selby murder trial will continue to consider its verdicts today.
The jury was sent home by the trial judge shortly after 4pm yesterday after deliberating for most of the day.
Mr Justice Globe told them not to discuss the case until they returned to court.
"I am going to ask you to rest this evening and come back refreshed tomorrow morning to resume your deliberations," he said.
Lee Calvert, 23, of Stirling Crescent, Holme Wood; Joseph Lowther, 22, of Copgrove Road, Holme Wood; Robert Woodhead, 28, of Fred's Place, Tyersal; and Andrew Feather, 23, of Heysham Drive, Holme Wood; all plead not guilty to the murder of 50-year-old Mr Selby.
Calvert, Lowther and Woodhead also deny two firearms charges.
Mr Selby died in hospital three days after he suffered acid burns and was shot in the leg at his home in Rayleigh Street, East Bowling, in the early hours of October 14 last year.
The trial continues.