Firefighters find 'hundreds of needles' discarded after rubbish fires in Bradford centre

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Firefighters find 'hundreds of needles' discarded after rubbish fires in Bradford centre Firefighters find 'hundreds of needles' discarded after rubbish fires in Bradford centre

Fire crews attended two rubbish fires on Hall Ings, Bradford yesterday morning.

Two crews from Bradford Fire Station were called to a blaze at a loading bay in between the disused Sportsshoes.com shop at 10.25am.

The fire started after a pile of rubbish in the bay, located below the NCP car park, was set alight.

Firefighters used a fan to rid the area of smoke and they also discovered the site also featured “hundreds of needles” and is used by people sleeping rough.

A second blaze, at the same time, saw a sleeping bag and pillow set alight in the overpass connecting Bradford Interchange and Hall Ings, which resulted in thick smoke in the confined space.

CCTV footage has been handed over to the police.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree