Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Halogen lamp 'may have started fire'
A halogen floodlight is thought to have caused a fire in Manningham that resulted in ten people being taken to hospital.
West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze could have started accidentally because the light, which should be used outside, was being used in the cellar.
As the Telegraph & Argus reported yesterday, the terraced property was badly damaged by the fire, which happened at about 6am on Tuesday. The ten people – now confirmed by the fire service as four children and six adults – inside the house were taken to hospital as a precaution. They all got out of the property before firefighters arrived.
Mark Helliwell, station commander for Keighley, Silsden and Haworth, said: “Six adults and four children all got out and have had a lucky escape. There were signs that they had had some fire detection but had taken it down or it was not working.”