Shipley pool evacuated after solar panel fault

Firefighters were called to Shipley pool this morning

Firefighters were called to Shipley pool this morning

First published in News
Last updated

Reports of an explosion at a swimming pool turned out to be a fault with a solar panel.

Shortly before 11am today, Shipley Pool was evacuated and the fire service was called out to reports of an explosion on the roof of the building.

But a spokesman for the fire service said there had been no explosion at the Council-run facility, only a problem with a faulty solar panel.

No-one was injured.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree