Family flees house after tumble dryer fire in Tong

The house fire started in an airing cupboard

The house fire started in an airing cupboard

First published in News
Last updated
Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , T&A Reporter

A woman and two children escaped from a house fire in Bradford last night.

The blaze involved a tumble dryer in an airing cupboard at a house in Denbrook Close, off Tong Street, at just after 7.30pm, with fire crews from Bradford and Odsal called out.

Fire crews also requested a fire emergency support service vehicle, run by the Red Cross, to give help to the woman and children aged under ten.

The fire started in an airing cupboard on the stairs of the semi-detatched house in Tong and the three residents were outside when firefighters arrived.

Crew commander Ian Turner said: “All of the people in the house were fine.

“There was a fair bit of smoke damage to the house. They were not able to stay there.

“The whole upstairs of the house was covered in smoke.

“The lady saw the smoke coming from the tumble dryer she was using at the time and acted quickly.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree