Serious blaze in Rastrick prevented by householder

Serious blaze in Rastrick prevented by householder

Serious blaze in Rastrick prevented by householder

First published in News

A man prevented a serious incident when he went to investigate why his radio had suddenly gone off. The householder went to check the electrical power unit in the garage beneath his bungalow, in Toothill Bank, Rastrick, Brighouse, and found it was melting and burning. He used a hosepipe to douse the flames.

Fire crews from Brighouse and Elland went to the scene, at 9.30am on Saturday, to ensure it was safe. Minor damage was caused to the garage.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:44am Mon 21 Apr 14

Dave.W says...

Yeah good man - Water on electrical. Thick or what
Yeah good man - Water on electrical. Thick or what Dave.W
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree