Police arson appeal after Manningham school fire

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Police arson appeal after Manningham school fire Police arson appeal after Manningham school fire

Police want to speak to three youths who were seen running away from a Manningham school which had been torched.

Four classrooms at Lister Primary School were damaged on Saturday evening when a table was amongst items stacked against a door and set alight. The arson attack happened the day after pupils started their Easter holidays, but the school is expected to open as normal after the break. Police have now appealed for more information.

Sergeant Alex Artis, of the Bradford West Area Neighbourhood Team, said: “We would be particularly interested to speak to three people, possibly three youths, who were seen running away from the scene.

“The attack took place during daylight hours, so it is likely that someone might have seen them around the school area, either in the time leading up to or after the incident.

“High visibility policing patrols are taking place of the area to provide reassurance to residents.

“Anyone who saw anything suspicious around this time in the Scotchman Road area of Manningham is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.”

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:15am Fri 18 Apr 14

pcmanners says...

They probably want a madrassa instead.
They probably want a madrassa instead. pcmanners
  • Score: 1

10:02am Fri 18 Apr 14

yezboss says...

They certainly want educating.
They certainly want educating. yezboss
  • Score: 5

10:56am Fri 18 Apr 14

Not so simple says...

Idiots burning schools.
Thought all these schools and surrounding roads may have CCTV? If so why aren't the local police and local businesses supplying the data to catch these idiots. ....or is that too easy
Idiots burning schools. Thought all these schools and surrounding roads may have CCTV? If so why aren't the local police and local businesses supplying the data to catch these idiots. ....or is that too easy Not so simple
  • Score: 6

11:54am Fri 18 Apr 14

The Hoffster says...

pcmanners wrote:
They probably want a madrassa instead.
Be quiet, vile BNP/EDL animal.
[quote][p][bold]pcmanners[/bold] wrote: They probably want a madrassa instead.[/p][/quote]Be quiet, vile BNP/EDL animal. The Hoffster
  • Score: -3

3:06pm Fri 18 Apr 14

pcmanners says...

The Hoffster wrote:
pcmanners wrote:
They probably want a madrassa instead.
Be quiet, vile BNP/EDL animal.
The BNP are racist thugs. I am a proud member of the conservative party and I have been all my life.
[quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pcmanners[/bold] wrote: They probably want a madrassa instead.[/p][/quote]Be quiet, vile BNP/EDL animal.[/p][/quote]The BNP are racist thugs. I am a proud member of the conservative party and I have been all my life. pcmanners
  • Score: 0

8:48pm Fri 18 Apr 14

The Hoffster says...

pcmanners wrote:
The Hoffster wrote:
pcmanners wrote:
They probably want a madrassa instead.
Be quiet, vile BNP/EDL animal.
The BNP are racist thugs. I am a proud member of the conservative party and I have been all my life.
But you're a vile Islamophobe.

How does that fit in with Tory values ?
[quote][p][bold]pcmanners[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pcmanners[/bold] wrote: They probably want a madrassa instead.[/p][/quote]Be quiet, vile BNP/EDL animal.[/p][/quote]The BNP are racist thugs. I am a proud member of the conservative party and I have been all my life.[/p][/quote]But you're a vile Islamophobe. How does that fit in with Tory values ? The Hoffster
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree