Woman flees from Stanningley house fire

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Fire engine Fire engine

A woman fled to neighbours for help after waking in a smoke-filled room at her home early yesterday.

They raised the alarm and fire crews from Bradford and Stanningley quickly controlled the small downstairs blaze at the house in Arthur Street, Stanningley.

The fire had started in a living room sofa and is thought to have been caused by a burning cigarette end.

“We would urge people to have our free Home Fire Safety Checks which can help prevent the spread of fire damage,” said watch commander Darren Armstrong, of Bradford fire station.

“Simply by closing doors you can stop the spread of smoke and fire damage.

“In this case the woman is now left with smoke damage through the whole house.”

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree