Fire crews called out to burning bathtub

Fire crews called out to burning bathtub

Fire crews called out to burning bathtub

First published in News

People have been warned of the dangers of burning things indoors after a woman set her bath on fire.

Fire crews from Odsal and Illingworth were called to a three-storey terrace house on Mayo Avenue at 12.15pm yesterday after a resident had called to report the fire.

A woman living in the property is believed to have been burning photographs in a plastic bath before going downstairs while the fire was still burning.

When she went to return upstairs she found heavy smoke billowing out of the bathroom.

The bathtub and much of the bathroom were severely damaged by the fire, and two bedrooms left severely smoke-damaged.

Odsal watch commander Andy Flynn said: “Burning anything inside the house is not recommended. The building did not have working smoke alarms.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree