Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Kitchen damaged in Clayton blaze
3:44pm Sunday 16th March 2014 in News
Firefighters tackled a house fire in Clayton on Saturday in which a kitchen ceiling was destroyed.
The incident occured at a property on Delph Crescent at 10.43am, after a frying pan was left unattended. The fire reached the extractor fan unit above the cooker in the kitchen, forcing firefighters to cut the ceiling away. Crews from Odsal and Fairweather Green, wearing breathing apparatus, used one hose reel to extinguish the blaze.