Firefighters carry man to safety after smashing down door of burning Bradford flat

Firefighters carry man to safety after smashing down door of burning Bradford flat

Firefighters carry man to safety after smashing down door of burning Bradford flat

First published in News Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , T&A Reporter

A man was treated in hospital after being overcome by smoke in a Bradford flat fire last night.

The incident occurred at St Mary Magdalene's Close, Manningham, at around 7.30pm.

Fire crews from Bradford and Fairweather Green, wearing breathing apparatus, broke down the door of the heavily smoke-logged flat and carried the man to safety.

He was treated at the scene by paramedics, before being taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary to receive checks and overnight treatment for smoke inhalation.

Watch Commander Gio Richetta said the incident highlighted the importance of checking smoke detectors on a regular basis.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree