Firefighters warning after man sets own bed alight

Firefighters warning after man sets own bed alight

Firefighters warning after man sets own bed alight

First published in News

Firefighters have warned of the dangers of smoking in bed after a bed-bound man had a narrow escape.

The man, 65, avoided serious injury after the bed he was stuck in set on fire in Queen’s Rise, Bradford, at around 12.30am yesterday Crew commander Matthew Wolski said surface flames had spread across the bed and burnt some foam, which can give off unpleasant fumes.

He said: “The gentleman was bed-bound but he had managed to extinguish it himself.

“It was mainly a case of smoke clearance when we got there, and giving him a bit of first aid.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree