Appliance check call after Keighley fire

Appliance check call after Keighley fire

Appliance check call after Keighley fire

First published in News
Last updated

Firefighters have urged people to make sure their electrical appliances are in good working order after a fire started in a Keighley flat while the owner was out.

Crews from Shipley and Keighley were called to a fire on Church Street in the town centre at 7.50pm on Tuesday.

A fire had started in a bedroom with the suspected cause being a faulty extension cord.

They were at the scene for about an hour and used breathing apparatus, a hose and a ventilation fan to extinguish the fire and clear the building of smoke.

Around a quarter of the flat was damaged by fire and smoke.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree