A couple’s big day was one to remember in more ways than one after a fight over a pork pie led to three arrests.
Police were called to a wedding celebration in Low Moor, Bradford, shortly after 7.20pm on Saturday.
A Tweet from the West Yorkshire Police Dog Section said the team was on its way to a “large fight at a wedding”.
It added: “All started over a pork pie apparently! #clubclosed #dayruined.”
Part of the Harold Club, in New Works Road, was closed to the public to prevent further problems, police said, adding that the matter was quickly brought under control.
The members only area stayed open and police left shortly after 8pm.
Two men were arrested for assault and one for a public order matter.
The man arrested for public order was given a fixed penalty and the other two men have been bailed pending further inquiries.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Woman in serious condition in hospital after being found collapsed in road
- Have your say on future of the district's stroke service
- Meet the ambassador to 'heaven on earth'
- Families launch petition in fight to keep care home open
- Inquest into woman's death in South Africa to be held
- Divers take to the water in scuba club's 60th anniversary charity challenge