A blaze in a Bradford laundry was tackled early today by four fire crews using breathing apparatus to protect them from toxic chemical fumes.
“We were called to a commercial linen laundry on Field Head Business Park at about 3am and had to break in,” said Andy Collis, Watch Commander at Fairweather Green.
“The building was heavily smoke-logged and there were chemicals used by the laundry which cleans linen for hotels and restaurants.
“Six sets of breathing apparatus were used and two hoses to put out the fire which was under control in ten minutes.
“We then used fans to force out the smoke and ventilate the building and those either side.”