Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Bradford scores low on survey, but here are 10 reasons why romance isn't dead in city
Updated 1:12pm Wednesday 12th February 2014 in News
Bradford is the fifth unromantic destination in the country, according to a new survey.
The national poll of about 2,000 people found while the Lake District followed by the Cotwolds were the most romantic destinations in the UK, Slough was the least romantic followed by Birmingham, Scunthorpe, Hull – then Bradford.
But we've proved the survey wrong by finding 10 great reasons why Bradford IS the best city for a romantic date. Do you agree?
1. Bradford is the birthplace of romantic novelists the Brontes
2. You can watch the illuminated fountains as darkness falls in the multi-award-winning City Park
3. Serenade your sweetheart with a love song by home-grown talent Gareth Gates, Kimberley Walsh, or Zayn Malik
4. Enjoy a ‘steamy’ liaison at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
5. Take in a visit to the World Heritage Site of Saltaire
6. Hire a tandem and sample some of Le Tour route
7. Go on a date at the National Media Museum
8. Take a romantic hike in the best countryside in the country, including Ilkley Moor
9. Treat your partner to the finest curry in the country
10. Send your sweetheart a message via the T&A
Comments are closed on this article.