London entrepreneur expresses interest in taking on challenge of transforming club

Richard Lamb, chairman and co-owner of Lucid Direct, who has expressed an interest in buying Bradford Bulls

Richard Lamb, chairman and co-owner of Lucid Direct, who has expressed an interest in buying Bradford Bulls

First published in News Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author Exclusive by , Bradford Bulls Reporter

A London-based businessman is set to make an offer to buy Bradford Bulls after speaking of his desire to transform the club’s fortunes and capitalise on its “iconic brand in rugby league”.

The Super League outfit has faced several months of uncertainty over its ownership, culminating in OK Bulls Ltd, the club’s former holding company owned by Omar Khan, being placed into administration on January 31.

The move has subsequently left the Bulls facing the grim prospect of a points penalty from the Rugby Football League which could be announced this week.

But Richard Lamb, chairman and co-owner of Lucid Direct, a 13-year-old business which incorporates marketing consultancy, events and was responsible for the hospitality at last year's World Cup, believes he can make the Bulls “a successful club” again.

David Wilson, the appointed administrator of OK Bulls Ltd, agreed to sell the club to Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd, a company set up last November and whose directors include Robbie Hunter-Paul, Mark Moore, Ian Watt and Andrew Calvert.

However, as a term of that sale, the new company is operating under a temporary Super League licence for 28 days during which period, if an alternative and better offer is received and can be progressed, then it is believed that Bradford Bulls 2014 could step aside.

Mr Lamb, who has extensive experience working with rugby union clubs, has held discussions with Mr Wilson, and Blake Solly, the Rugby Football League’s director of licensing and standards.

Mr Lamb said: “Bradford Bulls is an iconic brand in world rugby league and despite the problems of the past few years there is the opportunity to build a successful club.

“The fantastic support of fans and sponsors over those trying years show that the Bulls play a huge role in people’s lives.

“By focusing on the key elements of the club – the players, the staff at the club and the fans – there are the basics for delivering a sustainable club.

“Last week I approached the administrators, in line with RFL guidelines, to understand the position of the company in administration – OK Bulls – with a view to making an offer to purchase the club.

“I have also contacted the RFL to ask for its support to move forward so that I can have access to the creditors that have led to the club going into administration.

“Over the next few days and within the 28-day guidelines, I hope to be in a position make an offer.

“My desire, if successful, is to ensure that the fans are actively involved in the club and that they can see the challenges and obstacles ahead to getting the club back into a successful position.

“Whether they be sponsors or fans, people should have the right to understand that their hard-earned money is spent wisely.”

It is understood that in order for Mr Lamb’s bid to be accepted, he would need to work to pay back creditors and monies recently advanced to the club by the RFL.

Mr Lamb added: “With regard to the creditors, administration is a huge worry for any business small or large, and ensuring that they are supported is critical.”

Comments (67)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:49am Mon 10 Feb 14

expatbull says...

well that came out of the blue, must still be interested as its been over a week since he spoke to rfl.
well that came out of the blue, must still be interested as its been over a week since he spoke to rfl. expatbull
  • Score: 6

7:07am Mon 10 Feb 14

bullsone03 says...

Just what we need one man to run the show who hopefully will be happy to have a little profit at the end of each season hope it happens
Just what we need one man to run the show who hopefully will be happy to have a little profit at the end of each season hope it happens bullsone03
  • Score: 9

7:13am Mon 10 Feb 14

fedupwiththeBS says...

there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money?

the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.
there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money? the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true. fedupwiththeBS
  • Score: 0

7:20am Mon 10 Feb 14

fedupwiththeBS says...

Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill.

I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?
Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill. I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price? fedupwiththeBS
  • Score: -7

7:29am Mon 10 Feb 14

expatbull says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money?

the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.
As you said rumours? lets wait and see what happens sure TVOR knows all the facts. This guy Richard Lamb has spoken to the RFL and knows the facts if the debts were so large would he buy the club, i doubt it, but he still seems to be interested so he must feel the club is a worthy investment hope it all comes good, I like you am frustrated with all the ins and outs.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money? the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.[/p][/quote]As you said rumours? lets wait and see what happens sure TVOR knows all the facts. This guy Richard Lamb has spoken to the RFL and knows the facts if the debts were so large would he buy the club, i doubt it, but he still seems to be interested so he must feel the club is a worthy investment hope it all comes good, I like you am frustrated with all the ins and outs. expatbull
  • Score: 1

7:44am Mon 10 Feb 14

bradfordbronco says...

What ever happens lets hope it happens soon. We need to concentrate on matters on the pitch now. Moore, Calvert & Witt seem like genuine guys who want the best for the Bullls. They have done an amazing job just getting us to the start of the season. If they think this guy is genuine i'm sure they'll gladly hand over the reigns and continue to support the club.

Its up to us now to show this new guy that there is support for the club. Lets get to Odsal on Sunday and make some noise. COYB
What ever happens lets hope it happens soon. We need to concentrate on matters on the pitch now. Moore, Calvert & Witt seem like genuine guys who want the best for the Bullls. They have done an amazing job just getting us to the start of the season. If they think this guy is genuine i'm sure they'll gladly hand over the reigns and continue to support the club. Its up to us now to show this new guy that there is support for the club. Lets get to Odsal on Sunday and make some noise. COYB bradfordbronco
  • Score: 10

7:55am Mon 10 Feb 14

Big_Biscuit says...

What is the point in investing in something that has no assets and is just about dead in the water. What is in this for Mr Lamb and how can he possibly make any sort of return out of it. Just sayin'
What is the point in investing in something that has no assets and is just about dead in the water. What is in this for Mr Lamb and how can he possibly make any sort of return out of it. Just sayin' Big_Biscuit
  • Score: -18

7:56am Mon 10 Feb 14

bartsbull says...

This is good news but he remarks regarding these clowns is disgusting if you see how much time and effort these people have put in to keep our club going

They should be comended they have spent hours trying to sort out the mess they were left with

I hope if this comes true that ths gentleman will give them a place on the board coyb
This is good news but he remarks regarding these clowns is disgusting if you see how much time and effort these people have put in to keep our club going They should be comended they have spent hours trying to sort out the mess they were left with I hope if this comes true that ths gentleman will give them a place on the board coyb bartsbull
  • Score: 21

7:57am Mon 10 Feb 14

Sheffieldbull says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill.

I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?
Ah yes, London, that ‘iconic Rugby League brand’
Do you seriously contend that buying back the Lease of Odsal gives them the right to use the site for Landfill or Housing? You’d need the Landlords agreement first. I wonder how easy that would be?
I hear that the RFL are in talks with a Russian energy Billionaire who believes that ‘Odsal’ translates as ‘Fracking rights’ in his language. It makes you shudder doesn’t it?
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill. I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?[/p][/quote]Ah yes, London, that ‘iconic Rugby League brand’ Do you seriously contend that buying back the Lease of Odsal gives them the right to use the site for Landfill or Housing? You’d need the Landlords agreement first. I wonder how easy that would be? I hear that the RFL are in talks with a Russian energy Billionaire who believes that ‘Odsal’ translates as ‘Fracking rights’ in his language. It makes you shudder doesn’t it? Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 4

8:05am Mon 10 Feb 14

expatbull says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money?

the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.
“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
try it sometime fedupwiththeBS
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money? the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.[/p][/quote]“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” try it sometime fedupwiththeBS expatbull
  • Score: 2

8:10am Mon 10 Feb 14

expatbull says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill.

I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?
cheer up grumpy face life too short to spend it looking for negatives go back to bed and have an hour you might feel better.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill. I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?[/p][/quote]cheer up grumpy face life too short to spend it looking for negatives go back to bed and have an hour you might feel better. expatbull
  • Score: -1

8:22am Mon 10 Feb 14

collos25 says...

What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.
What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one. collos25
  • Score: -11

8:30am Mon 10 Feb 14

Lythambull says...

I have to admit I don't know who this bloke is, although I'm sure there will be some companies house search results posted on here by mid morning ;)
But if he's solvent and has actual money to invest then if he ticks all the FPP boxes then I say welcome aboard.
What's nice to see is that there is still interest in the club in terms of its potential. We just need a steady, slightly wealthier(!) hand at the rudder.
I have to admit I don't know who this bloke is, although I'm sure there will be some companies house search results posted on here by mid morning ;) But if he's solvent and has actual money to invest then if he ticks all the FPP boxes then I say welcome aboard. What's nice to see is that there is still interest in the club in terms of its potential. We just need a steady, slightly wealthier(!) hand at the rudder. Lythambull
  • Score: 5

8:36am Mon 10 Feb 14

Lythambull says...

collos25 wrote:
What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.
Pretty clear in the article that any potential new owner will have to demonstrate that they will work with tge clubs creditors. That would suggest that the council loans will be taken care off.
I'd be interested to see how big a percentage of Bradford Councils annual budget 200k actually is?!? Perhaps there are much bigger expenses being incurred that actually warrant getting our knickers in a twist over??
[quote][p][bold]collos25[/bold] wrote: What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.[/p][/quote]Pretty clear in the article that any potential new owner will have to demonstrate that they will work with tge clubs creditors. That would suggest that the council loans will be taken care off. I'd be interested to see how big a percentage of Bradford Councils annual budget 200k actually is?!? Perhaps there are much bigger expenses being incurred that actually warrant getting our knickers in a twist over?? Lythambull
  • Score: 10

8:42am Mon 10 Feb 14

fedupwiththeBS says...

expatbull wrote:
fedupwiththeBS wrote:
there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money?

the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.
“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
try it sometime fedupwiththeBS
when there is something concrete to be positive about then who knows maybe I will stop being a grumpy git.

Just frustrated with the state of the Club I have supported for years and the way we have drifted from one car crash to another.

would be nice for all Bulls fans to go back to the Happy Place we used to be in when we could rightly boast of being one of the best in the world and not the laughing stock we have become,
[quote][p][bold]expatbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money? the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.[/p][/quote]“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” try it sometime fedupwiththeBS[/p][/quote]when there is something concrete to be positive about then who knows maybe I will stop being a grumpy git. Just frustrated with the state of the Club I have supported for years and the way we have drifted from one car crash to another. would be nice for all Bulls fans to go back to the Happy Place we used to be in when we could rightly boast of being one of the best in the world and not the laughing stock we have become, fedupwiththeBS
  • Score: 5

8:59am Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Looks like this admin method is backfiring on the new regime. Possibke TUPE issues, possible points deductions, possible legal action and now someone from the outside possibly stealing the club from under their noses.
Looks like this admin method is backfiring on the new regime. Possibke TUPE issues, possible points deductions, possible legal action and now someone from the outside possibly stealing the club from under their noses. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -2

9:25am Mon 10 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

T.V.O.R. Another positive post I see.It is to be hoped you live on your own.What a miserable sod you must be to live with.Try smiling,you might just feel better.
T.V.O.R. Another positive post I see.It is to be hoped you live on your own.What a miserable sod you must be to live with.Try smiling,you might just feel better. spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 4

9:31am Mon 10 Feb 14

Bacon Bantam says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Looks like this admin method is backfiring on the new regime. Possibke TUPE issues, possible points deductions, possible legal action and now someone from the outside possibly stealing the club from under their noses.
But a possible end to the circus if one man was to run the show and had the money to back it up.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Looks like this admin method is backfiring on the new regime. Possibke TUPE issues, possible points deductions, possible legal action and now someone from the outside possibly stealing the club from under their noses.[/p][/quote]But a possible end to the circus if one man was to run the show and had the money to back it up. Bacon Bantam
  • Score: 7

9:35am Mon 10 Feb 14

The Man From the Pru says...

Who is to say " it's back firing " not you, sir. But I forget you are a font of all things Odsal. Nary a good word for owt. Surprised you've not told us how much he's worth, can't afford to go on Companies House, spent all your pocket money. You are one sad sack, if all you have in life is this.

IMO, this could be another part of the current deal and Mr Lamb comes on board as owner and Chairman, the current Directors form the board. Any thoughts on this people. Only genuine Bulls fan to reply.

Colic 25, there is more to worry about in Bradford than the £200k loan. Money has been wasted/misused over the last 20 years by both parties, when in power, you need to look at that, before the £200k.
Who is to say " it's back firing " not you, sir. But I forget you are a font of all things Odsal. Nary a good word for owt. Surprised you've not told us how much he's worth, can't afford to go on Companies House, spent all your pocket money. You are one sad sack, if all you have in life is this. IMO, this could be another part of the current deal and Mr Lamb comes on board as owner and Chairman, the current Directors form the board. Any thoughts on this people. Only genuine Bulls fan to reply. Colic 25, there is more to worry about in Bradford than the £200k loan. Money has been wasted/misused over the last 20 years by both parties, when in power, you need to look at that, before the £200k. The Man From the Pru
  • Score: -1

9:38am Mon 10 Feb 14

Bacon Bantam says...

Lythambull wrote:
collos25 wrote: What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.
Pretty clear in the article that any potential new owner will have to demonstrate that they will work with tge clubs creditors. That would suggest that the council loans will be taken care off. I'd be interested to see how big a percentage of Bradford Councils annual budget 200k actually is?!? Perhaps there are much bigger expenses being incurred that actually warrant getting our knickers in a twist over??
£2005 could pay for various elderly care nurses for people who have paid into the system all their lives. Not just bankroll Gerry Sutcliffe's ego trip as claiming to be a saviour of the bulls.
[quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]collos25[/bold] wrote: What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.[/p][/quote]Pretty clear in the article that any potential new owner will have to demonstrate that they will work with tge clubs creditors. That would suggest that the council loans will be taken care off. I'd be interested to see how big a percentage of Bradford Councils annual budget 200k actually is?!? Perhaps there are much bigger expenses being incurred that actually warrant getting our knickers in a twist over??[/p][/quote]£2005 could pay for various elderly care nurses for people who have paid into the system all their lives. Not just bankroll Gerry Sutcliffe's ego trip as claiming to be a saviour of the bulls. Bacon Bantam
  • Score: 1

9:40am Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

The Man From the Pru wrote:
Who is to say " it's back firing " not you, sir. But I forget you are a font of all things Odsal. Nary a good word for owt. Surprised you've not told us how much he's worth, can't afford to go on Companies House, spent all your pocket money. You are one sad sack, if all you have in life is this.

IMO, this could be another part of the current deal and Mr Lamb comes on board as owner and Chairman, the current Directors form the board. Any thoughts on this people. Only genuine Bulls fan to reply.

Colic 25, there is more to worry about in Bradford than the £200k loan. Money has been wasted/misused over the last 20 years by both parties, when in power, you need to look at that, before the £200k.
Viking62 why you getting so wound up?
[quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: Who is to say " it's back firing " not you, sir. But I forget you are a font of all things Odsal. Nary a good word for owt. Surprised you've not told us how much he's worth, can't afford to go on Companies House, spent all your pocket money. You are one sad sack, if all you have in life is this. IMO, this could be another part of the current deal and Mr Lamb comes on board as owner and Chairman, the current Directors form the board. Any thoughts on this people. Only genuine Bulls fan to reply. Colic 25, there is more to worry about in Bradford than the £200k loan. Money has been wasted/misused over the last 20 years by both parties, when in power, you need to look at that, before the £200k.[/p][/quote]Viking62 why you getting so wound up? Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 1

9:44am Mon 10 Feb 14

Peeksville says...

BRADFORD BULLS**T. Now there is an iconic brand!
BRADFORD BULLS**T. Now there is an iconic brand! Peeksville
  • Score: -13

9:48am Mon 10 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

T.V.O.R.
I will ask you again.Answer please.DO YOU KNOW WHERE VIKING IS?
T.V.O.R. I will ask you again.Answer please.DO YOU KNOW WHERE VIKING IS? spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 0

9:51am Mon 10 Feb 14

Lythambull says...

Bacon Bantam wrote:
Lythambull wrote:
collos25 wrote: What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.
Pretty clear in the article that any potential new owner will have to demonstrate that they will work with tge clubs creditors. That would suggest that the council loans will be taken care off. I'd be interested to see how big a percentage of Bradford Councils annual budget 200k actually is?!? Perhaps there are much bigger expenses being incurred that actually warrant getting our knickers in a twist over??
£2005 could pay for various elderly care nurses for people who have paid into the system all their lives. Not just bankroll Gerry Sutcliffe's ego trip as claiming to be a saviour of the bulls.
Quite right and I'm sure that is a better use of 200k, but the DECISION to spend that tax payers money was the councils (and GS's), if people disagree with how they appropriate their budget they have the opportunity to express that displeasure come election time.
I also wonder how many nurses/social workers the city is missing out on because of that building site in the city centre?
You could also make the argument that a successful sports team or two would bring greater revenue to the area than the 200k outlay but I agree that at the moment it seems like good money after bad. But that's why it's VITAL to have BOTH of Bradford's professional sports teams doing well and highlighting the positive aspects of the area, bringing in business and investment.
[quote][p][bold]Bacon Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]collos25[/bold] wrote: What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.[/p][/quote]Pretty clear in the article that any potential new owner will have to demonstrate that they will work with tge clubs creditors. That would suggest that the council loans will be taken care off. I'd be interested to see how big a percentage of Bradford Councils annual budget 200k actually is?!? Perhaps there are much bigger expenses being incurred that actually warrant getting our knickers in a twist over??[/p][/quote]£2005 could pay for various elderly care nurses for people who have paid into the system all their lives. Not just bankroll Gerry Sutcliffe's ego trip as claiming to be a saviour of the bulls.[/p][/quote]Quite right and I'm sure that is a better use of 200k, but the DECISION to spend that tax payers money was the councils (and GS's), if people disagree with how they appropriate their budget they have the opportunity to express that displeasure come election time. I also wonder how many nurses/social workers the city is missing out on because of that building site in the city centre? You could also make the argument that a successful sports team or two would bring greater revenue to the area than the 200k outlay but I agree that at the moment it seems like good money after bad. But that's why it's VITAL to have BOTH of Bradford's professional sports teams doing well and highlighting the positive aspects of the area, bringing in business and investment. Lythambull
  • Score: 7

9:52am Mon 10 Feb 14

Lythambull says...

Peeksville wrote:
BRADFORD BULLS**T. Now there is an iconic brand!
Intelligent contribution mate, well played.
[quote][p][bold]Peeksville[/bold] wrote: BRADFORD BULLS**T. Now there is an iconic brand![/p][/quote]Intelligent contribution mate, well played. Lythambull
  • Score: 7

9:53am Mon 10 Feb 14

Bowlingboy says...

If he has the cash let him get on with it....
Sooner rather than later.
Buy some more players, keep Carvell and Gale, jobs a good 'un as they say.
If he has the cash let him get on with it.... Sooner rather than later. Buy some more players, keep Carvell and Gale, jobs a good 'un as they say. Bowlingboy
  • Score: 1

9:54am Mon 10 Feb 14

raisemeup says...

What would be ideal, would be if we could be greedy and ask for the four directors already there and a money backer -giving the Club stability and progress similar I think to how Warrington are run. We are all fed up with the posturing and procrastination from the ruling body. No other Club in similar circumstances have had this cat and mouse game over and over again, the fans, directors and players get dispirited through no fault of their own. However we will not give in. COYB
What would be ideal, would be if we could be greedy and ask for the four directors already there and a money backer -giving the Club stability and progress similar I think to how Warrington are run. We are all fed up with the posturing and procrastination from the ruling body. No other Club in similar circumstances have had this cat and mouse game over and over again, the fans, directors and players get dispirited through no fault of their own. However we will not give in. COYB raisemeup
  • Score: 5

10:24am Mon 10 Feb 14

vikksy says...

If this man is so keen, where was he months ago?
If this man is so keen, where was he months ago? vikksy
  • Score: 5

10:27am Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

vikksy wrote:
If this man is so keen, where was he months ago?
Waiting to pick it up on the cheap via admin which was always looming.
[quote][p][bold]vikksy[/bold] wrote: If this man is so keen, where was he months ago?[/p][/quote]Waiting to pick it up on the cheap via admin which was always looming. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -3

10:50am Mon 10 Feb 14

StevieLad says...

Big_Biscuit wrote:
What is the point in investing in something that has no assets and is just about dead in the water. What is in this for Mr Lamb and how can he possibly make any sort of return out of it. Just sayin'
By that logic nobody would have bought the club last time it was in administration. Have a good think about it first.
[quote][p][bold]Big_Biscuit[/bold] wrote: What is the point in investing in something that has no assets and is just about dead in the water. What is in this for Mr Lamb and how can he possibly make any sort of return out of it. Just sayin'[/p][/quote]By that logic nobody would have bought the club last time it was in administration. Have a good think about it first. StevieLad
  • Score: 5

10:50am Mon 10 Feb 14

Essexbull2 says...

We've been let down badly by a lot of people who claim to be interested in saving/helping the Bulls, so let's hope this is more successful.

Having a quick look at his company's website and company credit checks, this might be positive. Also, interesting that he's based in London and works with blue chip customers like Shell and Tesco; so if he really has got the cash (and doesn't just load up the club with more debt) then his contacts and marketing profile could be very useful assets for the club.

Looking forward to the new season, but I think we're in for a hell of a few months. Relegation will definitely make the season exciting, but I just hope we can do enough to keep in the 12. We should do, but think that this will be a tough ride! COYB!!
We've been let down badly by a lot of people who claim to be interested in saving/helping the Bulls, so let's hope this is more successful. Having a quick look at his company's website and company credit checks, this might be positive. Also, interesting that he's based in London and works with blue chip customers like Shell and Tesco; so if he really has got the cash (and doesn't just load up the club with more debt) then his contacts and marketing profile could be very useful assets for the club. Looking forward to the new season, but I think we're in for a hell of a few months. Relegation will definitely make the season exciting, but I just hope we can do enough to keep in the 12. We should do, but think that this will be a tough ride! COYB!! Essexbull2
  • Score: 2

11:13am Mon 10 Feb 14

StevieLad says...

Essexbull2 wrote:
We've been let down badly by a lot of people who claim to be interested in saving/helping the Bulls, so let's hope this is more successful.

Having a quick look at his company's website and company credit checks, this might be positive. Also, interesting that he's based in London and works with blue chip customers like Shell and Tesco; so if he really has got the cash (and doesn't just load up the club with more debt) then his contacts and marketing profile could be very useful assets for the club.

Looking forward to the new season, but I think we're in for a hell of a few months. Relegation will definitely make the season exciting, but I just hope we can do enough to keep in the 12. We should do, but think that this will be a tough ride! COYB!!
Hopefully, because it's positive, they won't deride you on here for having the gall to do background checks. People usually get called an "armchair lawyer" or such... "If you're so smart why don't you buy the club" etc.

You're right it's going to be a hell of a few months... It won't be dull that's for certain! Can't wait
[quote][p][bold]Essexbull2[/bold] wrote: We've been let down badly by a lot of people who claim to be interested in saving/helping the Bulls, so let's hope this is more successful. Having a quick look at his company's website and company credit checks, this might be positive. Also, interesting that he's based in London and works with blue chip customers like Shell and Tesco; so if he really has got the cash (and doesn't just load up the club with more debt) then his contacts and marketing profile could be very useful assets for the club. Looking forward to the new season, but I think we're in for a hell of a few months. Relegation will definitely make the season exciting, but I just hope we can do enough to keep in the 12. We should do, but think that this will be a tough ride! COYB!![/p][/quote]Hopefully, because it's positive, they won't deride you on here for having the gall to do background checks. People usually get called an "armchair lawyer" or such... "If you're so smart why don't you buy the club" etc. You're right it's going to be a hell of a few months... It won't be dull that's for certain! Can't wait StevieLad
  • Score: 4

11:28am Mon 10 Feb 14

graz smith says...

It looks as though the off field stuff is getting exciting.
COM'ON YOU BULLS
It looks as though the off field stuff is getting exciting. COM'ON YOU BULLS graz smith
  • Score: 2

12:06pm Mon 10 Feb 14

billybobbull says...

Wow.....he seems switched on, successful, nota small town player and serious about the 'iconic brand'.....fingers crossed we may have a 'big picture play. WondeRFL Pun intended...
Wow.....he seems switched on, successful, nota small town player and serious about the 'iconic brand'.....fingers crossed we may have a 'big picture play. WondeRFL Pun intended... billybobbull
  • Score: 4

12:22pm Mon 10 Feb 14

billybobbull says...

Interesting....I wonder if this is linked....It seems he had acted as front man for a consortium previously. Not sure what happened wit Fresh Start though. anyone have any info re London Welsh?
http://www.rugbynetw
ork.net/main/s691/st
153660.htm
Interesting....I wonder if this is linked....It seems he had acted as front man for a consortium previously. Not sure what happened wit Fresh Start though. anyone have any info re London Welsh? http://www.rugbynetw ork.net/main/s691/st 153660.htm billybobbull
  • Score: 1

12:47pm Mon 10 Feb 14

mines a pint says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill.

I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?
If we can take him at his word then the reason he showed no interest in London is that it is not & NEVER will be either an iconic brand or a successful RL club

The sport will be a **** site better when the fools at red hall realise this and stop flogging a lame horse

RL will never be able to compete with the kick & chase lady boys in the south of England
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill. I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?[/p][/quote]If we can take him at his word then the reason he showed no interest in London is that it is not & NEVER will be either an iconic brand or a successful RL club The sport will be a **** site better when the fools at red hall realise this and stop flogging a lame horse RL will never be able to compete with the kick & chase lady boys in the south of England mines a pint
  • Score: -1

1:04pm Mon 10 Feb 14

StevieLad says...

London's Eehning Stannah today says Lucid's office is currently underwater.

He should move from twickers to odsal - better drainage
London's Eehning Stannah today says Lucid's office is currently underwater. He should move from twickers to odsal - better drainage StevieLad
  • Score: 8

1:07pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Bacon Bantam says...

"monies recently advanced to the club by the RFL"

Have the current lot put a penny into the club at this time?

Seems it is the RFL who many slate so freely who are proping the club up and buying it time in the hope that somone will come in at take it over.
"monies recently advanced to the club by the RFL" Have the current lot put a penny into the club at this time? Seems it is the RFL who many slate so freely who are proping the club up and buying it time in the hope that somone will come in at take it over. Bacon Bantam
  • Score: 4

1:45pm Mon 10 Feb 14

portugalbull says...

If that interested why not join the present board and invest capital there. The Bulls then have locals with Rugby League knowledge who seem to be heading in the right direction, backed by someone with money to invest.
Remember what happened the last time an individual took over who did not come from RL background.
If that interested why not join the present board and invest capital there. The Bulls then have locals with Rugby League knowledge who seem to be heading in the right direction, backed by someone with money to invest. Remember what happened the last time an individual took over who did not come from RL background. portugalbull
  • Score: 1

2:24pm Mon 10 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

T.V.O.R,
Still waiting for your reply re VIKING or have I at last found something you do not know?
T.V.O.R, Still waiting for your reply re VIKING or have I at last found something you do not know? spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 3

2:32pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
T.V.O.R,
Still waiting for your reply re VIKING or have I at last found something you do not know?
Viking is posting under the man from the pru because he embarrassed himself with his we're in the money songs he dare not show his face. Last time he posted under viking was when he was slaging me off for warning him of a massive iceberg (which was confirmed 5 days later).
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: T.V.O.R, Still waiting for your reply re VIKING or have I at last found something you do not know?[/p][/quote]Viking is posting under the man from the pru because he embarrassed himself with his we're in the money songs he dare not show his face. Last time he posted under viking was when he was slaging me off for warning him of a massive iceberg (which was confirmed 5 days later). Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -5

3:06pm Mon 10 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

T.V.O.R.
How wrong you are.
T.V.O.R. How wrong you are. spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 1

3:19pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
T.V.O.R.
How wrong you are.
Why? Are you his mum?
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: T.V.O.R. How wrong you are.[/p][/quote]Why? Are you his mum? Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -2

3:41pm Mon 10 Feb 14

shikran says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
T.V.O.R.
How wrong you are.
First bit might be wrong but second bit deffo right. Viking went out in a blaze of humiliation. He was more bothered blowing raspberries at other readers than what was happening to bulls
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: T.V.O.R. How wrong you are.[/p][/quote]First bit might be wrong but second bit deffo right. Viking went out in a blaze of humiliation. He was more bothered blowing raspberries at other readers than what was happening to bulls shikran
  • Score: -3

3:48pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Bacon Bantam wrote:
"monies recently advanced to the club by the RFL"

Have the current lot put a penny into the club at this time?

Seems it is the RFL who many slate so freely who are proping the club up and buying it time in the hope that somone will come in at take it over.
Don't say things like that. The RFL are the sole reason the Bulls find themselves in this mess if people on here are to be believed.
[quote][p][bold]Bacon Bantam[/bold] wrote: "monies recently advanced to the club by the RFL" Have the current lot put a penny into the club at this time? Seems it is the RFL who many slate so freely who are proping the club up and buying it time in the hope that somone will come in at take it over.[/p][/quote]Don't say things like that. The RFL are the sole reason the Bulls find themselves in this mess if people on here are to be believed. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -4

4:22pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Alhaurinrhino says...

expatbull wrote:
fedupwiththeBS wrote:
Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill.

I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?
cheer up grumpy face life too short to spend it looking for negatives go back to bed and have an hour you might feel better.
Got any more silly little man united songs for us, you utter plank.
[quote][p][bold]expatbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill. I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?[/p][/quote]cheer up grumpy face life too short to spend it looking for negatives go back to bed and have an hour you might feel better.[/p][/quote]Got any more silly little man united songs for us, you utter plank. Alhaurinrhino
  • Score: -2

4:22pm Mon 10 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

T.V.O.R.
Typical,you have lost your argument so have to resort to getting personal.Be a man and hold your hand up and admit you are WRONG.
T.V.O.R. Typical,you have lost your argument so have to resort to getting personal.Be a man and hold your hand up and admit you are WRONG. spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 2

4:25pm Mon 10 Feb 14

northern pig says...

Never a dull moment at odsal. Its more entertainig than corrie. If the man is serious and as plenty of dosh, lets hear what is game plan is, I was not aware of the 28 day clause that been mentioned today but if it gives this chap a foot in the door all well and good.The present guys that are trying to sort the mess we are in,have worked their socks off!but it is obvious they have no serious money they need help.Let us just hope its not another false dawn.
Never a dull moment at odsal. Its more entertainig than corrie. If the man is serious and as plenty of dosh, lets hear what is game plan is, I was not aware of the 28 day clause that been mentioned today but if it gives this chap a foot in the door all well and good.The present guys that are trying to sort the mess we are in,have worked their socks off!but it is obvious they have no serious money they need help.Let us just hope its not another false dawn. northern pig
  • Score: 1

4:26pm Mon 10 Feb 14

The Man From the Pru says...

Boy has the Viking twisted your mamaries. As I keep saying, I'm not the Viking, never met or spoke with him. The only thing I can say is that imo he must some sort of bad **** chap, to really pea you off. Mind you going on what you post, stating things that are out there in the public domain for all to see, then claiming them as your own, says a lot about you. No Bulls supporter takes a blind bit of notice of you these days. Carry on believing you said it first and you'll go along way, down, fast. Iceberg like it, as do your disciples that hang on your every word. Idiot.
Boy has the Viking twisted your mamaries. As I keep saying, I'm not the Viking, never met or spoke with him. The only thing I can say is that imo he must some sort of bad **** chap, to really pea you off. Mind you going on what you post, stating things that are out there in the public domain for all to see, then claiming them as your own, says a lot about you. No Bulls supporter takes a blind bit of notice of you these days. Carry on believing you said it first and you'll go along way, down, fast. Iceberg like it, as do your disciples that hang on your every word. Idiot. The Man From the Pru
  • Score: 1

4:40pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Alhaurinrhino wrote:
expatbull wrote:
fedupwiththeBS wrote:
Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill.

I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?
cheer up grumpy face life too short to spend it looking for negatives go back to bed and have an hour you might feel better.
Got any more silly little man united songs for us, you utter plank.
Sorry what argument are you talking about?
[quote][p][bold]Alhaurinrhino[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]expatbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: Where was he when London were in trouble or is it that London did not have a ground that developers are queueing up to get their hands on to land fill. I wonder if his bid will include an offer to buy the ground back off the RFL for an inflated price?[/p][/quote]cheer up grumpy face life too short to spend it looking for negatives go back to bed and have an hour you might feel better.[/p][/quote]Got any more silly little man united songs for us, you utter plank.[/p][/quote]Sorry what argument are you talking about? Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -2

4:41pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
T.V.O.R.
Typical,you have lost your argument so have to resort to getting personal.Be a man and hold your hand up and admit you are WRONG.
Sorry what argument are we talking about here? Your post makes little sense.
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: T.V.O.R. Typical,you have lost your argument so have to resort to getting personal.Be a man and hold your hand up and admit you are WRONG.[/p][/quote]Sorry what argument are we talking about here? Your post makes little sense. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -2

4:42pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

The Man From the Pru wrote:
Boy has the Viking twisted your mamaries. As I keep saying, I'm not the Viking, never met or spoke with him. The only thing I can say is that imo he must some sort of bad **** chap, to really pea you off. Mind you going on what you post, stating things that are out there in the public domain for all to see, then claiming them as your own, says a lot about you. No Bulls supporter takes a blind bit of notice of you these days. Carry on believing you said it first and you'll go along way, down, fast. Iceberg like it, as do your disciples that hang on your every word. Idiot.
Whatever you say Viking.
[quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: Boy has the Viking twisted your mamaries. As I keep saying, I'm not the Viking, never met or spoke with him. The only thing I can say is that imo he must some sort of bad **** chap, to really pea you off. Mind you going on what you post, stating things that are out there in the public domain for all to see, then claiming them as your own, says a lot about you. No Bulls supporter takes a blind bit of notice of you these days. Carry on believing you said it first and you'll go along way, down, fast. Iceberg like it, as do your disciples that hang on your every word. Idiot.[/p][/quote]Whatever you say Viking. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -1

7:02pm Mon 10 Feb 14

The Man From the Pru says...

TVOR, I'm not the Viking, sick of telling you. But, you know more than I do. So I must be the Viking. That's the trouble with you pal, you believe it so it's the truth. That's why when you're wrong you won't admit it.

NOW LISTEN UP , MORON, I AM NOT THE VIKING. Get it through your know it all, thick head.
TVOR, I'm not the Viking, sick of telling you. But, you know more than I do. So I must be the Viking. That's the trouble with you pal, you believe it so it's the truth. That's why when you're wrong you won't admit it. NOW LISTEN UP , MORON, I AM NOT THE VIKING. Get it through your know it all, thick head. The Man From the Pru
  • Score: 3

7:17pm Mon 10 Feb 14

BCFC LAD says says...

It seems this Viking chap has a stalker. Never mind once the Bantams win a game he hopefully will p*ss off back to their forum to celebrate tho it could be a while!!!!
It seems this Viking chap has a stalker. Never mind once the Bantams win a game he hopefully will p*ss off back to their forum to celebrate tho it could be a while!!!! BCFC LAD says
  • Score: 3

7:44pm Mon 10 Feb 14

AUGUST1964 says...

BCFC LAD says wrote:
It seems this Viking chap has a stalker. Never mind once the Bantams win a game he hopefully will p*ss off back to their forum to celebrate tho it could be a while!!!!
Been chased off the Bantams site a long time ago for spouting tripe.

Anyway Super League starts in earnest this Friday,lets all go to Odsal on Sunday and support our local professional rugby league team,you never know we might surprise a few people,but this is the beauty of sport you never can tell,come and join us there's bound to be a few twist and turns along the way.

I will never give up on my team, like many more who contribute on here, we are not the wishful doomsayers, we are true fans of a sport we love to watch.

COYB
[quote][p][bold]BCFC LAD says[/bold] wrote: It seems this Viking chap has a stalker. Never mind once the Bantams win a game he hopefully will p*ss off back to their forum to celebrate tho it could be a while!!!![/p][/quote]Been chased off the Bantams site a long time ago for spouting tripe. Anyway Super League starts in earnest this Friday,lets all go to Odsal on Sunday and support our local professional rugby league team,you never know we might surprise a few people,but this is the beauty of sport you never can tell,come and join us there's bound to be a few twist and turns along the way. I will never give up on my team, like many more who contribute on here, we are not the wishful doomsayers, we are true fans of a sport we love to watch. COYB AUGUST1964
  • Score: 5

8:10pm Mon 10 Feb 14

-HCK3R- says...

Thee Voice of Reason........REASON !!!!........how you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously is beyond a joke, you have shown your true colours ....lets be honest .you are nothing but a bigoted keyboard troll......."Reason" isn't a word you understand.....as your posts clearly show...
Thee Voice of Reason........REASON !!!!........how you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously is beyond a joke, you have shown your true colours ....lets be honest .you are nothing but a bigoted keyboard troll......."Reason" isn't a word you understand.....as your posts clearly show... -HCK3R-
  • Score: 3

8:57pm Mon 10 Feb 14

bradfordbronco says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
expatbull wrote:
fedupwiththeBS wrote:
there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money?

the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.
“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
try it sometime fedupwiththeBS
when there is something concrete to be positive about then who knows maybe I will stop being a grumpy git.

Just frustrated with the state of the Club I have supported for years and the way we have drifted from one car crash to another.

would be nice for all Bulls fans to go back to the Happy Place we used to be in when we could rightly boast of being one of the best in the world and not the laughing stock we have become,
To be honest even when we were winning everything, there were still so many grumpy fans about. I think its something to do with the Bradford psychic. The glass is always half empty. So many fans actually seem happy to have something to moan about.

Maybe next time when its our turn to have a decent side again we might appreciate it more
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]expatbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: there are other bids in for the Club as well. What is worrying is the line about the advance of monies to the club by the RFL; does this mean we are already into this years sky monies, if so what has happened to all the season ticket money? the rumours about the £1million + debts that OK and these clowns managed to run up, lets not forget that they have been at the helm of the Club since August when OK stood aside are looking to be true.[/p][/quote]“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” try it sometime fedupwiththeBS[/p][/quote]when there is something concrete to be positive about then who knows maybe I will stop being a grumpy git. Just frustrated with the state of the Club I have supported for years and the way we have drifted from one car crash to another. would be nice for all Bulls fans to go back to the Happy Place we used to be in when we could rightly boast of being one of the best in the world and not the laughing stock we have become,[/p][/quote]To be honest even when we were winning everything, there were still so many grumpy fans about. I think its something to do with the Bradford psychic. The glass is always half empty. So many fans actually seem happy to have something to moan about. Maybe next time when its our turn to have a decent side again we might appreciate it more bradfordbronco
  • Score: 6

9:19pm Mon 10 Feb 14

bradfordbronco says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Looks like this admin method is backfiring on the new regime. Possibke TUPE issues, possible points deductions, possible legal action and now someone from the outside possibly stealing the club from under their noses.
I remember you told us all this would happen. When an investor might come in and then you could sit back not having to worry about the Bulls financial crisis anymore.

Hang on a minute.........now I think about it, I don't think you said anything of the sort. In fact didn't you say we were wasting our money buying a season ticket.?

I don't understand it. How can you be so wrong, predicting the downfall of a club with no money. It wasn't rocket science was it, in fact It would seem anyone predicting doom and gloom like you would be right. The thing is, those that predicted the club would survive despite the odds stacked against it look like they were actually right. Who'd have thought it? Certainly not you TVOR.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Looks like this admin method is backfiring on the new regime. Possibke TUPE issues, possible points deductions, possible legal action and now someone from the outside possibly stealing the club from under their noses.[/p][/quote]I remember you told us all this would happen. When an investor might come in and then you could sit back not having to worry about the Bulls financial crisis anymore. Hang on a minute.........now I think about it, I don't think you said anything of the sort. In fact didn't you say we were wasting our money buying a season ticket.? I don't understand it. How can you be so wrong, predicting the downfall of a club with no money. It wasn't rocket science was it, in fact It would seem anyone predicting doom and gloom like you would be right. The thing is, those that predicted the club would survive despite the odds stacked against it look like they were actually right. Who'd have thought it? Certainly not you TVOR. bradfordbronco
  • Score: 5

10:52pm Mon 10 Feb 14

handoff says...

collos25 wrote:
What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.
My understanding is that OK personally underwrote some of the loans and that the RFL are well aware of how he has operated. These would be classed as toxic debts and may not count against us in terms of potential points deduction.

Mr Lamb sounds like an optimistic development, let's keep our fingers crossed eh? To be honest, along with Leeds United, I am at a loss why big money has not come in as they are both full of potential for growth and success within their sports. They are a cheap buy. The RL World Cup was a success and many organisations involved did a great job, so I welcome the bid. Of course I exclude the RFL here as it seems any success they have is more by good fortune than good judgement and I'm not at all in favour of the new three tier league in 2015.

I for one just want to watch my team play rugby. Loyalty is a much missed virtue in the modern world.
[quote][p][bold]collos25[/bold] wrote: What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.[/p][/quote]My understanding is that OK personally underwrote some of the loans and that the RFL are well aware of how he has operated. These would be classed as toxic debts and may not count against us in terms of potential points deduction. Mr Lamb sounds like an optimistic development, let's keep our fingers crossed eh? To be honest, along with Leeds United, I am at a loss why big money has not come in as they are both full of potential for growth and success within their sports. They are a cheap buy. The RL World Cup was a success and many organisations involved did a great job, so I welcome the bid. Of course I exclude the RFL here as it seems any success they have is more by good fortune than good judgement and I'm not at all in favour of the new three tier league in 2015. I for one just want to watch my team play rugby. Loyalty is a much missed virtue in the modern world. handoff
  • Score: 2

2:43am Tue 11 Feb 14

Arhmen Noleg says...

The Man From the Pru wrote:
TVOR, I'm not the Viking, sick of telling you. But, you know more than I do. So I must be the Viking. That's the trouble with you pal, you believe it so it's the truth. That's why when you're wrong you won't admit it.

NOW LISTEN UP , MORON, I AM NOT THE VIKING. Get it through your know it all, thick head.
Sounds Vikingesque....You sure about yourself?
One things for sure.Tolilet paper purchases will not be one cut to budget that can be made this season.
"We"re in the honey We"re in the honey"
[quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: TVOR, I'm not the Viking, sick of telling you. But, you know more than I do. So I must be the Viking. That's the trouble with you pal, you believe it so it's the truth. That's why when you're wrong you won't admit it. NOW LISTEN UP , MORON, I AM NOT THE VIKING. Get it through your know it all, thick head.[/p][/quote]Sounds Vikingesque....You sure about yourself? One things for sure.Tolilet paper purchases will not be one cut to budget that can be made this season. "We"re in the honey We"re in the honey" Arhmen Noleg
  • Score: 0

7:55am Tue 11 Feb 14

BierleyBoy says...

I like a bit of rugby league but this is getting boring now. I know a few Bulls fans and hey have just switched off to it all and won't be bothering with Odsal this year.

The RFL does seem to be spending a disproportionate amount of time on sorting this out, perhaps because it has a vested interest in the lease.

Bulls are in for a very tough year, with season tickets well down, newly signed players going and interest dropping off.
I like a bit of rugby league but this is getting boring now. I know a few Bulls fans and hey have just switched off to it all and won't be bothering with Odsal this year. The RFL does seem to be spending a disproportionate amount of time on sorting this out, perhaps because it has a vested interest in the lease. Bulls are in for a very tough year, with season tickets well down, newly signed players going and interest dropping off. BierleyBoy
  • Score: 0

8:53am Tue 11 Feb 14

oddshapedballs says...

Peeksville wrote:
BRADFORD BULLS**T. Now there is an iconic brand!
Tit
[quote][p][bold]Peeksville[/bold] wrote: BRADFORD BULLS**T. Now there is an iconic brand![/p][/quote]Tit oddshapedballs
  • Score: 1

9:33am Tue 11 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

Bierley Boy,
You are correct the Bulls are in for a very tough year.That is why they need as much support as they can get from the Bradford public.There will always be idiots about who cannot wait for the demise of any sporting club,football,cricke
t or rugby.Along with T.V.O.R they have no interest in sport whatsoever.I am sure you have heard of the ,barrack room lawyers,who know everything,but no nothing,they take great delight in reading their own garbage and actually convince themselves they are always right.Unfortunately I no longer live in England but have supported Northern,Bulls since 1950 and still hold them close to my heart.I ,for one,hope they survive this crisis and spoil T.V.O.R s year.
Bierley Boy, You are correct the Bulls are in for a very tough year.That is why they need as much support as they can get from the Bradford public.There will always be idiots about who cannot wait for the demise of any sporting club,football,cricke t or rugby.Along with T.V.O.R they have no interest in sport whatsoever.I am sure you have heard of the ,barrack room lawyers,who know everything,but no nothing,they take great delight in reading their own garbage and actually convince themselves they are always right.Unfortunately I no longer live in England but have supported Northern,Bulls since 1950 and still hold them close to my heart.I ,for one,hope they survive this crisis and spoil T.V.O.R s year. spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 3

9:55am Tue 11 Feb 14

billybobbull says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
Bierley Boy,
You are correct the Bulls are in for a very tough year.That is why they need as much support as they can get from the Bradford public.There will always be idiots about who cannot wait for the demise of any sporting club,football,cricke

t or rugby.Along with T.V.O.R they have no interest in sport whatsoever.I am sure you have heard of the ,barrack room lawyers,who know everything,but no nothing,they take great delight in reading their own garbage and actually convince themselves they are always right.Unfortunately I no longer live in England but have supported Northern,Bulls since 1950 and still hold them close to my heart.I ,for one,hope they survive this crisis and spoil T.V.O.R s year.
I too hope and believe the Bulls will survive. It may be under a different model, and perhaps in the lower league for a couple of years, but survive we will.
I have to say, I am tired of the ramblings and arguments of some of here. I often wonder why they just don't get job and a life and write no more that one post per day.
That way you may actually get more sensible, interested parties to join in the conversation. Instead we have to read drivvle from folks who seemingly know very little about rugby league, business or the politics of sport and business in the modern sporting era.
Please T&......get rid of the drivvle.
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: Bierley Boy, You are correct the Bulls are in for a very tough year.That is why they need as much support as they can get from the Bradford public.There will always be idiots about who cannot wait for the demise of any sporting club,football,cricke t or rugby.Along with T.V.O.R they have no interest in sport whatsoever.I am sure you have heard of the ,barrack room lawyers,who know everything,but no nothing,they take great delight in reading their own garbage and actually convince themselves they are always right.Unfortunately I no longer live in England but have supported Northern,Bulls since 1950 and still hold them close to my heart.I ,for one,hope they survive this crisis and spoil T.V.O.R s year.[/p][/quote]I too hope and believe the Bulls will survive. It may be under a different model, and perhaps in the lower league for a couple of years, but survive we will. I have to say, I am tired of the ramblings and arguments of some of here. I often wonder why they just don't get job and a life and write no more that one post per day. That way you may actually get more sensible, interested parties to join in the conversation. Instead we have to read drivvle from folks who seemingly know very little about rugby league, business or the politics of sport and business in the modern sporting era. Please T&......get rid of the drivvle. billybobbull
  • Score: 1

4:08pm Tue 11 Feb 14

The Man From the Pru says...

Arhmen Noleg wrote:
The Man From the Pru wrote:
TVOR, I'm not the Viking, sick of telling you. But, you know more than I do. So I must be the Viking. That's the trouble with you pal, you believe it so it's the truth. That's why when you're wrong you won't admit it.

NOW LISTEN UP , MORON, I AM NOT THE VIKING. Get it through your know it all, thick head.
Sounds Vikingesque....You sure about yourself?
One things for sure.Tolilet paper purchases will not be one cut to budget that can be made this season.
"We"re in the honey We"re in the honey"
Arhmen Noleg, considering your new to this site, how do you know what is Vikingesque and what isn't. Unless you have been on this site before. Do not try to tell me you have, under the current name. You have done one of your favourite moves eh FAKE, that is hi jacking names. How many have you used, let's see, the esteemed Viking, The great Mumby, and many more, your own tag was TBC. Hung by your own stupid petard. Oh, I'm not the Viking but another of your former nemesises. You can't kid a kidder. You've hi jacked the name of a much loved idiot, give him it back. When you deign to reply please, make it about the Bulls.
[quote][p][bold]Arhmen Noleg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: TVOR, I'm not the Viking, sick of telling you. But, you know more than I do. So I must be the Viking. That's the trouble with you pal, you believe it so it's the truth. That's why when you're wrong you won't admit it. NOW LISTEN UP , MORON, I AM NOT THE VIKING. Get it through your know it all, thick head.[/p][/quote]Sounds Vikingesque....You sure about yourself? One things for sure.Tolilet paper purchases will not be one cut to budget that can be made this season. "We"re in the honey We"re in the honey"[/p][/quote]Arhmen Noleg, considering your new to this site, how do you know what is Vikingesque and what isn't. Unless you have been on this site before. Do not try to tell me you have, under the current name. You have done one of your favourite moves eh FAKE, that is hi jacking names. How many have you used, let's see, the esteemed Viking, The great Mumby, and many more, your own tag was TBC. Hung by your own stupid petard. Oh, I'm not the Viking but another of your former nemesises. You can't kid a kidder. You've hi jacked the name of a much loved idiot, give him it back. When you deign to reply please, make it about the Bulls. The Man From the Pru
  • Score: -1

8:32pm Tue 11 Feb 14

Arhmen Noleg says...

The Man From the Pru wrote:
Arhmen Noleg wrote:
The Man From the Pru wrote:
TVOR, I'm not the Viking, sick of telling you. But, you know more than I do. So I must be the Viking. That's the trouble with you pal, you believe it so it's the truth. That's why when you're wrong you won't admit it.

NOW LISTEN UP , MORON, I AM NOT THE VIKING. Get it through your know it all, thick head.
Sounds Vikingesque....You sure about yourself?
One things for sure.Tolilet paper purchases will not be one cut to budget that can be made this season.
"We"re in the honey We"re in the honey"
Arhmen Noleg, considering your new to this site, how do you know what is Vikingesque and what isn't. Unless you have been on this site before. Do not try to tell me you have, under the current name. You have done one of your favourite moves eh FAKE, that is hi jacking names. How many have you used, let's see, the esteemed Viking, The great Mumby, and many more, your own tag was TBC. Hung by your own stupid petard. Oh, I'm not the Viking but another of your former nemesises. You can't kid a kidder. You've hi jacked the name of a much loved idiot, give him it back. When you deign to reply please, make it about the Bulls.
Sir Viking I bow in my deity oh so gracious and humble,so kind ,so passionate and well mannered and elequontly of verse.
I jknow its a bit tense out there Vikes me old sparrer but cant thee just ride"ttandem for a while and let it rest.
"I think therefore I am" stated Vikes as he suddenly came to realise he was Satre.Next week he"ll be Jean Paul and in a couple the tranquilsers should have kicked in.
Sleep tight Vikybabes ....Love you too xx
[quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Arhmen Noleg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: TVOR, I'm not the Viking, sick of telling you. But, you know more than I do. So I must be the Viking. That's the trouble with you pal, you believe it so it's the truth. That's why when you're wrong you won't admit it. NOW LISTEN UP , MORON, I AM NOT THE VIKING. Get it through your know it all, thick head.[/p][/quote]Sounds Vikingesque....You sure about yourself? One things for sure.Tolilet paper purchases will not be one cut to budget that can be made this season. "We"re in the honey We"re in the honey"[/p][/quote]Arhmen Noleg, considering your new to this site, how do you know what is Vikingesque and what isn't. Unless you have been on this site before. Do not try to tell me you have, under the current name. You have done one of your favourite moves eh FAKE, that is hi jacking names. How many have you used, let's see, the esteemed Viking, The great Mumby, and many more, your own tag was TBC. Hung by your own stupid petard. Oh, I'm not the Viking but another of your former nemesises. You can't kid a kidder. You've hi jacked the name of a much loved idiot, give him it back. When you deign to reply please, make it about the Bulls.[/p][/quote]Sir Viking I bow in my deity oh so gracious and humble,so kind ,so passionate and well mannered and elequontly of verse. I jknow its a bit tense out there Vikes me old sparrer but cant thee just ride"ttandem for a while and let it rest. "I think therefore I am" stated Vikes as he suddenly came to realise he was Satre.Next week he"ll be Jean Paul and in a couple the tranquilsers should have kicked in. Sleep tight Vikybabes ....Love you too xx Arhmen Noleg
  • Score: 4

4:42pm Thu 13 Feb 14

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

Lythambull wrote:
collos25 wrote:
What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.
Pretty clear in the article that any potential new owner will have to demonstrate that they will work with tge clubs creditors. That would suggest that the council loans will be taken care off.
I'd be interested to see how big a percentage of Bradford Councils annual budget 200k actually is?!? Perhaps there are much bigger expenses being incurred that actually warrant getting our knickers in a twist over??
LOANED to private enterprise that an MP is associated with? Do you really believe that? Is it ok with you then that MPs are able to be unaccountable for what is tantamount to fraud as it stands at present? You'll be ok with the moats and duckponds on expenses then I presume?
[quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]collos25[/bold] wrote: What about Bradford ratepayers 200k that was kindly given away by the head of council,I would not worry about selling the land there is plenty on that side of Bradford that they cannot give away the new industrial park below for one.[/p][/quote]Pretty clear in the article that any potential new owner will have to demonstrate that they will work with tge clubs creditors. That would suggest that the council loans will be taken care off. I'd be interested to see how big a percentage of Bradford Councils annual budget 200k actually is?!? Perhaps there are much bigger expenses being incurred that actually warrant getting our knickers in a twist over??[/p][/quote]LOANED to private enterprise that an MP is associated with? Do you really believe that? Is it ok with you then that MPs are able to be unaccountable for what is tantamount to fraud as it stands at present? You'll be ok with the moats and duckponds on expenses then I presume? Prisoner Cell Block A
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree