Fire crews were called to a retirement home in Shipley after an elderly woman accidentally set fire to a microwavable heat bag.
The 82-year-old, who lives in an apartment at Peaselands, Westcliffe Road, had put a wheat bag in her microwave, but it caught fire when she left it unattended.
Teams from Shipley, Bingley and Idle fire stations were called to the property at 11.40pm on Monday night and had been told there was a person in the flat.
When they arrived, they found that the woman had managed to get out of the flat and was stood outside the building. Her kitchen sustained minor smoke damage and she was taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary for a precautionary check.