Cigarette fire

Cigarette fire

Cigarette fire

First published in News
Last updated

A sofa throw and towel caught light when a cigarette was not properly extinguished.

Shipley firefighters were called to Hallcroft sheltered housing complex on Church Street at 5.10pm.

Watch Commander Jonny Earl said an elderly woman had put a cigarette in a plastic bag which had melted and burnt papers beneath it.

A smoke alarm had alerted the warden who put the fire out and escorted the woman out.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree