People in Bradford have been urged to make a New Year’s resolution that could save their lives and sign up for a free gas safety check.
The Gas Safe Register made the call, saying that one in six British homes have been found to have unsafe gas appliances.
If left unchecked this can lead to a gas fire, leak, explosion or carbon dioxide poisoning. In the last three years 31 people have died and 1,000 have been injured by such a fault.
The register has now asked people to sign up for their safety check reminder service at staygassafe.co.uk