Candle warning after Christmas Day blaze in Pudsey

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Candle warning after Christmas Day blaze in Pudsey Candle warning after Christmas Day blaze in Pudsey

Firefighters have warned householders to be careful where they place candles after a Christmas Day blaze alert.

Flames from a candle set light to a gas boiler in the kitchen of a house in Commercial Villas, Pudsey.

The occupants put out the fire with a tea towel, but a spokesman for Stanningley fire station said: “It could have been a nasty incident and highlights the dangers.

“Always ensure candles and lit flames are well away from furniture, fittings and appliances, and always burn them in a heatproof dish or jar.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree