Burley-in-Wharfedale man suffers burns from chip pan fire

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: A fire engine A fire engine

A 30-year-old man suffered burns after a pan caught alight.

The man, who sustained burns to his arms, legs and his face, had been cooking chips in the pan when it flared up, causing five per cent burns to his body, firefighters said.

Crews from Rawdon and Ilkley were called to the flat in Langdale Road, Burley-in-Wharfedale, at about midnight on Sunday.

Rawdon watch commander Neil Spratt said the fire was out by the time they arrived.

The man was given oxygen therapy before paramedics arrived and took him to hospital.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree