Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Man suffers burns in flat fire
A 30-year-old man suffered burns after a pan caught alight.
The man, who sustained burns to his arms, both legs and his face, had been cooking chips in the pan when it flared up, causing five per cent burns to his body, firefighters said.
Rawdon watch commander Neil Spratt said the fire was out by the time they arrived.
He said they treated the casualty at the scene and gave him oxygen therapy while they waited for paramedics to arrive and take him to hospital.