Man suffers burns in flat fire

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Man suffers burns in flat fire Man suffers burns in flat fire

A 30-year-old man suffered burns after a pan caught alight.

The man, who sustained burns to his arms, both legs and his face, had been cooking chips in the pan when it flared up, causing five per cent burns to his body, firefighters said.

Crews from Rawdon and Ilkley were called to the flat, in Langdale Road, Burley-in-Wharfedale, at around midnight yesterday.

Rawdon watch commander Neil Spratt said the fire was out by the time they arrived.

He said they treated the casualty at the scene and gave him oxygen therapy while they waited for paramedics to arrive and take him to hospital.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree