£15m academy in East Bowling approved

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Councillor Ralph Berry Councillor Ralph Berry

A £15 million secondary academy is to be built in Bradford.

The Church of England school will be sponsored by the Diocese of Bradford and is expected to open in 2015.

It will be built in Douglas Road, East Bowling, and will cater for 1,050 children aged 11 to 16.

Academies are often seen as a way of running state schools without the involvement of the local authority.

But in the first instance of its kind in the district, Bradford Council played a key role in the bidding process, by seeking potential organisations to run the school and putting in the bid to the Department for Education.

It will also provide the land and the fixtures and fittings while the Department for Education will put up £15 million for the building work.

The school will be run by the Bradford Diocesan Academy Trust, which runs two primaries in the district, St Oswalds CofE Primary Academy in Great Horton, Bradford, and Christ Church CofE Academy in Shipley.

The Ven Dr David Lee, chairman of Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust, said: “What’s really exciting about this is we are going to get a school in an area where there is growing demand but we are also modelling collaboration between all the parties in a new way which I think is great for education.”

Councillor Ralph Berry, the Council’s executive member for children’s services, welcomed the news of the successful bid. He said it would help to address a serious shortage of school places in the city.

He said: “I’m really glad we have got this in place. These are urgently needed places, very urgently.”

Dr Lee said the trust would spend the next few months getting to know the area, talking to the community and to local primary schools about what kind of school it might be, and what subject it might specialise in.

Meanwhile, teaching unions have hit back in the row over failing schools becoming academies.

“The assumption that this is the answer to everything is naive,” said Pam Milner, deputy secretary of the NASUWT Bradford.

The Department for Education warned this week that under-performing schools could be forced to become academies.

Ms Milner said: “We have been given one example of a school that has done well as an academy and credit where credit is due. But the report does not look at schools which have become academies and have not improved. Some have regressed. It is not the be all and end all.”

She criticised comments by Conservative education spokesman Councillor Roger L’Amie, who said academisation should be tried if it gave a school a chance to improve.

“That was a sweeping statement. Coun L’Amie needs to look closely at the evidence. Academies are not necessarily the answer, otherwise every one would have improved.”

Ian Murch, NUT national executive member for Bradford, said: “Academies are very expensive solutions and the notion is ideological. We want to see local school partnerships which already exist between being used as a way forward.”

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:10am Sat 14 Dec 13

sorrow&anger says...

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein. Has Cllr L'Amie forgotten the Kings Academy already?
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein. Has Cllr L'Amie forgotten the Kings Academy already? sorrow&anger

10:19am Sat 14 Dec 13

Joedavid says...

sorrow&anger wrote:
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein. Has Cllr L'Amie forgotten the Kings Academy already?
I think over the years the Church Of England as done lots of education in this City.
[quote][p][bold]sorrow&anger[/bold] wrote: “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein. Has Cllr L'Amie forgotten the Kings Academy already?[/p][/quote]I think over the years the Church Of England as done lots of education in this City. Joedavid

10:47am Sat 14 Dec 13

Albion. says...

Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?
Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford? Albion.

12:16pm Sat 14 Dec 13

The Hoffster says...

Albion. wrote:
Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?
What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?
[quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?[/p][/quote]What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ? The Hoffster

12:21pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Albion. says...

The Hoffster wrote:
Albion. wrote:
Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?
What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?
Read the report.
[quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?[/p][/quote]What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?[/p][/quote]Read the report. Albion.

12:27pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Joedavid says...

Albion. wrote:
The Hoffster wrote:
Albion. wrote:
Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?
What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?
Read the report.
Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school?
Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.
[quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?[/p][/quote]What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?[/p][/quote]Read the report.[/p][/quote]Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school? Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full. Joedavid

12:40pm Sat 14 Dec 13

RollandSmoke says...

Joedavid wrote:
Albion. wrote:
The Hoffster wrote:
Albion. wrote:
Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?
What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?
Read the report.
Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school?
Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.
I don't believe religion of any kind should be involved in education. There are too many contradictions between religious fable and scientific fact. The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate.
[quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?[/p][/quote]What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?[/p][/quote]Read the report.[/p][/quote]Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school? Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.[/p][/quote]I don't believe religion of any kind should be involved in education. There are too many contradictions between religious fable and scientific fact. The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate. RollandSmoke

12:46pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Joedavid says...

" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke.

How?
" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke. How? Joedavid

12:50pm Sat 14 Dec 13

RollandSmoke says...

Joedavid wrote:
" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke.

How?
Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?
[quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: " The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke. How?[/p][/quote]Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man? RollandSmoke

1:00pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Albion. says...

Joedavid wrote:
Albion. wrote:
The Hoffster wrote:
Albion. wrote:
Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?
What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?
Read the report.
Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school?
Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.
I'm not "suggesting" anything, I asked if the school will be multi-faith or just CofE. Personally I prefer religion to be left out of education but that doesn't mean that they won't do a good (or bad) job. The Hoffster obviously hadn't bothered to read the report, otherwise he MIGHT have assumed the relevancy of my post.
[quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?[/p][/quote]What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?[/p][/quote]Read the report.[/p][/quote]Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school? Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.[/p][/quote]I'm not "suggesting" anything, I asked if the school will be multi-faith or just CofE. Personally I prefer religion to be left out of education but that doesn't mean that they won't do a good (or bad) job. The Hoffster obviously hadn't bothered to read the report, otherwise he MIGHT have assumed the relevancy of my post. Albion.

1:06pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Joedavid says...

RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke.

How?
Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?
Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course.
Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .
[quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: " The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke. How?[/p][/quote]Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?[/p][/quote]Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course. Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument . Joedavid

1:13pm Sat 14 Dec 13

RollandSmoke says...

Joedavid wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke.

How?
Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?
Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course.
Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .
Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?
[quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: " The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke. How?[/p][/quote]Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?[/p][/quote]Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course. Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .[/p][/quote]Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale? RollandSmoke

1:17pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Joedavid says...

Albion. wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
Albion. wrote:
The Hoffster wrote:
Albion. wrote:
Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?
What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?
Read the report.
Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school?
Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.
I'm not "suggesting" anything, I asked if the school will be multi-faith or just CofE. Personally I prefer religion to be left out of education but that doesn't mean that they won't do a good (or bad) job. The Hoffster obviously hadn't bothered to read the report, otherwise he MIGHT have assumed the relevancy of my post.
Well the C of E schools I have noted take children of any faith and of no faith.
So parents of all faiths and no faith are choosing them.
My grandchildren attend a school chosen by their parents which is of a different faith to them because it is the best of the schools available to them.
[quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?[/p][/quote]What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?[/p][/quote]Read the report.[/p][/quote]Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school? Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.[/p][/quote]I'm not "suggesting" anything, I asked if the school will be multi-faith or just CofE. Personally I prefer religion to be left out of education but that doesn't mean that they won't do a good (or bad) job. The Hoffster obviously hadn't bothered to read the report, otherwise he MIGHT have assumed the relevancy of my post.[/p][/quote]Well the C of E schools I have noted take children of any faith and of no faith. So parents of all faiths and no faith are choosing them. My grandchildren attend a school chosen by their parents which is of a different faith to them because it is the best of the schools available to them. Joedavid

1:22pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Joedavid says...

RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke.

How?
Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?
Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course.
Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .
Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?
No.
Depends on the age the child is at.
At first they learn basics EG. numbers and adding up etc.. later they learn Algebra and Geometry etc.
Same in all subjects..
[quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: " The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke. How?[/p][/quote]Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?[/p][/quote]Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course. Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .[/p][/quote]Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?[/p][/quote]No. Depends on the age the child is at. At first they learn basics EG. numbers and adding up etc.. later they learn Algebra and Geometry etc. Same in all subjects.. Joedavid

1:29pm Sat 14 Dec 13

RollandSmoke says...

Joedavid wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke.

How?
Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?
Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course.
Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .
Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?
No.
Depends on the age the child is at.
At first they learn basics EG. numbers and adding up etc.. later they learn Algebra and Geometry etc.
Same in all subjects..
I'll ask you a different question Joe. I am an Atheist so I don't believe in God and I don't believe in the Devil therefore in my mind Satanism is as valid as any religion. If it was announced that someone was wishing to open a satanic school in Bradford would there be complaints and concerns about what the children's heads were being filled with? If so do you see any hypocracy in that?
[quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: " The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke. How?[/p][/quote]Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?[/p][/quote]Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course. Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .[/p][/quote]Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?[/p][/quote]No. Depends on the age the child is at. At first they learn basics EG. numbers and adding up etc.. later they learn Algebra and Geometry etc. Same in all subjects..[/p][/quote]I'll ask you a different question Joe. I am an Atheist so I don't believe in God and I don't believe in the Devil therefore in my mind Satanism is as valid as any religion. If it was announced that someone was wishing to open a satanic school in Bradford would there be complaints and concerns about what the children's heads were being filled with? If so do you see any hypocracy in that? RollandSmoke

1:30pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Albion. says...

Joedavid wrote:
Albion. wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
Albion. wrote:
The Hoffster wrote:
Albion. wrote:
Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?
What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?
Read the report.
Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school?
Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.
I'm not "suggesting" anything, I asked if the school will be multi-faith or just CofE. Personally I prefer religion to be left out of education but that doesn't mean that they won't do a good (or bad) job. The Hoffster obviously hadn't bothered to read the report, otherwise he MIGHT have assumed the relevancy of my post.
Well the C of E schools I have noted take children of any faith and of no faith.
So parents of all faiths and no faith are choosing them.
My grandchildren attend a school chosen by their parents which is of a different faith to them because it is the best of the schools available to them.
This school is an Academy though, so it isn't necessarily going to be the same as those of the recent past (hence my question).
[quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion.[/bold] wrote: Will all it's students be confirmed into the CofE? Are there that many left in Bradford?[/p][/quote]What's religion got to do with it, ignoramus ?[/p][/quote]Read the report.[/p][/quote]Are you suggesting they doing a bad job educating children and not fit to run this school? Parents would seem to disagree with you as the CofE schools appear to be popular and full.[/p][/quote]I'm not "suggesting" anything, I asked if the school will be multi-faith or just CofE. Personally I prefer religion to be left out of education but that doesn't mean that they won't do a good (or bad) job. The Hoffster obviously hadn't bothered to read the report, otherwise he MIGHT have assumed the relevancy of my post.[/p][/quote]Well the C of E schools I have noted take children of any faith and of no faith. So parents of all faiths and no faith are choosing them. My grandchildren attend a school chosen by their parents which is of a different faith to them because it is the best of the schools available to them.[/p][/quote]This school is an Academy though, so it isn't necessarily going to be the same as those of the recent past (hence my question). Albion.

3:32pm Sat 14 Dec 13

WorthDoingRight says...

How on earth can Cllr. Berry say this new school has been approved when they haven't even applied for planning permission yet. The school will not be on Douglas Road as Cllr. Berry states but, it will be built on Fenby Avenue on the playing fields of the school that is already there.
This is another case of us here having something else dumped on us by Bradford Council & it has got to stop.
How on earth can Cllr. Berry say this new school has been approved when they haven't even applied for planning permission yet. The school will not be on Douglas Road as Cllr. Berry states but, it will be built on Fenby Avenue on the playing fields of the school that is already there. This is another case of us here having something else dumped on us by Bradford Council & it has got to stop. WorthDoingRight

6:04pm Sat 14 Dec 13

tinytoonster says...

WorthDoingRight wrote:
How on earth can Cllr. Berry say this new school has been approved when they haven't even applied for planning permission yet. The school will not be on Douglas Road as Cllr. Berry states but, it will be built on Fenby Avenue on the playing fields of the school that is already there.
This is another case of us here having something else dumped on us by Bradford Council & it has got to stop.
council pick and choose when planning is required.
you should know that by now!!
[quote][p][bold]WorthDoingRight[/bold] wrote: How on earth can Cllr. Berry say this new school has been approved when they haven't even applied for planning permission yet. The school will not be on Douglas Road as Cllr. Berry states but, it will be built on Fenby Avenue on the playing fields of the school that is already there. This is another case of us here having something else dumped on us by Bradford Council & it has got to stop.[/p][/quote]council pick and choose when planning is required. you should know that by now!! tinytoonster

6:08pm Sat 14 Dec 13

tinytoonster says...

RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke.

How?
Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?
Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course.
Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .
Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?
No.
Depends on the age the child is at.
At first they learn basics EG. numbers and adding up etc.. later they learn Algebra and Geometry etc.
Same in all subjects..
I'll ask you a different question Joe. I am an Atheist so I don't believe in God and I don't believe in the Devil therefore in my mind Satanism is as valid as any religion. If it was announced that someone was wishing to open a satanic school in Bradford would there be complaints and concerns about what the children's heads were being filled with? If so do you see any hypocracy in that?
you really are a numpty.
the basis of god and the devil is good and evil.
why would you think its ok to open a school based on what is essentially an evil concept?
i know its a vague concept but its the basis of what most people understand it to be.
[quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: " The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke. How?[/p][/quote]Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?[/p][/quote]Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course. Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .[/p][/quote]Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?[/p][/quote]No. Depends on the age the child is at. At first they learn basics EG. numbers and adding up etc.. later they learn Algebra and Geometry etc. Same in all subjects..[/p][/quote]I'll ask you a different question Joe. I am an Atheist so I don't believe in God and I don't believe in the Devil therefore in my mind Satanism is as valid as any religion. If it was announced that someone was wishing to open a satanic school in Bradford would there be complaints and concerns about what the children's heads were being filled with? If so do you see any hypocracy in that?[/p][/quote]you really are a numpty. the basis of god and the devil is good and evil. why would you think its ok to open a school based on what is essentially an evil concept? i know its a vague concept but its the basis of what most people understand it to be. tinytoonster

6:43pm Sat 14 Dec 13

RollandSmoke says...

tinytoonster wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
Joedavid wrote:
" The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke.

How?
Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?
Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course.
Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .
Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?
No.
Depends on the age the child is at.
At first they learn basics EG. numbers and adding up etc.. later they learn Algebra and Geometry etc.
Same in all subjects..
I'll ask you a different question Joe. I am an Atheist so I don't believe in God and I don't believe in the Devil therefore in my mind Satanism is as valid as any religion. If it was announced that someone was wishing to open a satanic school in Bradford would there be complaints and concerns about what the children's heads were being filled with? If so do you see any hypocracy in that?
you really are a numpty.
the basis of god and the devil is good and evil.
why would you think its ok to open a school based on what is essentially an evil concept?
i know its a vague concept but its the basis of what most people understand it to be.
Well you show what you know is limited. As far as the Satanists are concerned God wanted us to be unthinking obedient automatons and had Satan in the form of the snake not tempted Eve with the fruit of the tree of knowledge that is all we would ever have been. It's all well and good the God squad wanting to provide education but it wasn't God that gave us the ability to think. In fact God strictly forbid Adam and Eve from gaining knowledge and punished them when they did. That's If you believe in fairy tales anyway.
[quote][p][bold]tinytoonster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joedavid[/bold] wrote: " The dinosaurs prove the religious text inaccurate." Roland Smoke. How?[/p][/quote]Well how can you teach that the world was made in 7 days and by the end of that time god plonked a couple of humans on it when the dinosaurs where there long before 7 days prior to man?[/p][/quote]Well it a long time since I was in school but my recollection was as you say the last thing God did was make man and woman and prior to that all living creatures including your dinosaurs of course. Darwin theory was man evolved from creatures which would include dinosaurs again, so I not see your argument .[/p][/quote]Are we teaching the children that there are 24 hours in a day or is a day whatever length of time you want it to be in order to fit the story? Are children supposed to understand this flexability in fact and timescale?[/p][/quote]No. Depends on the age the child is at. At first they learn basics EG. numbers and adding up etc.. later they learn Algebra and Geometry etc. Same in all subjects..[/p][/quote]I'll ask you a different question Joe. I am an Atheist so I don't believe in God and I don't believe in the Devil therefore in my mind Satanism is as valid as any religion. If it was announced that someone was wishing to open a satanic school in Bradford would there be complaints and concerns about what the children's heads were being filled with? If so do you see any hypocracy in that?[/p][/quote]you really are a numpty. the basis of god and the devil is good and evil. why would you think its ok to open a school based on what is essentially an evil concept? i know its a vague concept but its the basis of what most people understand it to be.[/p][/quote]Well you show what you know is limited. As far as the Satanists are concerned God wanted us to be unthinking obedient automatons and had Satan in the form of the snake not tempted Eve with the fruit of the tree of knowledge that is all we would ever have been. It's all well and good the God squad wanting to provide education but it wasn't God that gave us the ability to think. In fact God strictly forbid Adam and Eve from gaining knowledge and punished them when they did. That's If you believe in fairy tales anyway. RollandSmoke

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree