Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Warning issued after chimney fire at a house in Bingley
Firefighters have issued a warning after tackling a chimney fire at a house in Bingley.
Crews were called to a terraced property on Charles Street at 8pm on Saturday.
A spokesman for the fire service said the fire started because the chimney had not been swept for four years.
He also said that the property’s woodburner didn’t have a door on it.
He added: “Winter is coming and people are lighting their fires. It is important to maintain your woodburner and get either the flue or the chimney swept annually.”
The fire was contained to the chimney and caused no damage inside the house. The family in the property were unharmed.