Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Woman, 91, led to safety from kitchen fire at Keighley flat
A 91-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at her flat in Keighley today.
Fire crews were called to St Peter’s Court on South Street, at 3.50pm.
A fire service spokesman said a plastic plate caught fire on an electric cooker hob and a neighbour led the pensioner to safety from the ground-floor flat after a smoke alarm was activated.
Firefighters from Keighley and Haworth stations attended the scene.