Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Warning after woman trapped in flat fire
Firefighters broke down a door to rescue a woman trapped in her flat.
The woman, who had to be taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary for precautionary checks, had fallen asleep while leaving a pan on the hob.
When she woke she could not find her keys to escape so rang 999 and got advice to close the kitchen door, go into another room and wait for firefighters to come to her aid.
Bradford watch commander Alan Holdsworth said: "There are a couple of lessons to be learned here. Never leave food on the hob unattended and keep your keys with you when you go to bed - and your mobile phone. Lucky for the lady she had her phone and was able to call for help."
Firefighters dealt with the pan and opened windows to let the smoke out.