Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Man's car bursts into flames as he drives to work
A car was destroyed by fire this morning as the driver was on his way to work.
The Saab 900 was engulfed in flames on Fair Road, Wibsey, near the Co-op store, at about 5.50am.
Firefighters from Fairweather Green station were called to the blaze, which was sparked by an electrical fault in the engine.
A spokesman for the station said: “The owner was driving to work and noticed smoke coming from the engine. It started coming into the passenger compartment as well.
“Once he realised there was smoke, he pulled over and called us. He managed to salvage what personal belongings he could before standing back and waiting for us.”
The man was unharmed in the incident.