Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Woman taken for check-up after fire in Keighley
4:13pm Friday 16th August 2013 in News
A woman was taken to hospital for a check-up after a small fire at her home.
Fire crews attended a house in Belgrave Road, Keighley, at half past midnight today after paper caught fire on the hob of the cooker.
It was out when the firefighters from Keighley station arrived, but the 27-year-old female occupant, who had a heart condition, was complaining of dizziness.
The crews gave her oxygen and called an ambulance and she was taken to Airedale General Hospital for a check up.
A neighbour had alerted the fire brigade after hearing the smoke alarm.