A hotel used by two sex beasts to groom and sexually abuse young girls could lose its licence.
In March, two men were convicted of drugging, raping and sexually abusing young girls after picking them up on Keighley streets, and were jailed for a total of 36 years.
Bradford Crown Court heard the men, Shazad Rehman, 30, of no fixed address, and Bilal Hussain, 23, of Leeds, had taken their victims to three premises, one of which was the Alder House Hotel in Batley.
There, the under-aged girls were plied with drink and drugs before being subject to sustained sexual abuse.
Kirklees Council is now considering revoking the hotel’s alcohol and music licence, after West Yorkshire Police accused its managers of being “complicit” in the child abuse.
A report by police licensing officer Richard Woodhead called for the hotel’s licence to be removed.
He said Alder House Hotel management allowed customers to book rooms for a few hours, then erased records of the bookings.
In his report Mr Woodhead states: “The Alder House Hotel’s management team are complicit in that the bad practices they adopted allowed child sexual exploitation to take place within rooms at the hotel and over a number of occasions.”
He revealed police had been told that the hotel’s owner and licence holder, Nasir Hussain, of Gomersal, often took calls at the hotels from Asian men asking about ‘afternoon rates’.
Bookings would then be recorded in the ledger in pencil and on the customer’s departure, these bookings were erased, the report alleged.
In August 2012, Nasir Hussain was arrested on suspicion of arranging or facilitating the commission of a child sex offence, the police report reveals.
He denied any wrongdoing and no charges were brought against him.
The Kirklees Safeguarding Children Team is backing the call for the hotel’s licence to be pulled.
Spokesman Cathy Slater said the police report “raises significant concerns” about the hotel management.
The matter will be considered by Kirklees Council’s licensing panel on Friday, June 14.
When contacted by the Telegraph & Argus yesterday, Nasir Hussain said the police report was “not true” but declined to comment further.
Nadeem Hussain, who became manager of the hotel in September last year, said it would be fighting to keep its licence and it had changed its procedures since he took over.
He said: “We ask for identification from all our guests who pay in cash.”